Listing Products On Amazon
Listing a product that is already available on Amazon is easy.
To get started, use a computer to go to the desktop version of Amazons site and navigate to the product page.
Make sure that the product is an exact match to the one you have! A good way to do this is by searching by the UPC code on the product.
Lets say you have a hardback copy of The 4-Hour Workweek that you want to sell. Searching Amazon for the UPC on the back of the book will show you the exact result you are looking for:
When you open that listing, you need to look for a button you may not have noticed before that says Sell on Amazon.
You will find the button under the Other Sellers on Amazon box on the right side of the page.
If the sell on Amazon button is not displaying on a product page, you can also list a product by logging into seller central, hovering over inventory, and then clicking add a product.
This starts the listing process. For a step-by-step walkthrough of completing the entire listing process, check out pages 23-38 in my .
Develop Connections With The Managers
Whenever you are hunting for your potential products in a retail store, make sure to develop connections with the managers of that store. Start the conversation and develop a sense of trust with them.
Tell them what you do and what type of product you are looking for. If you do this, those store managers might give you a call whenever there is a product that matches your requirements.
When Selling On Amazon:
- You can add new products to the Amazon catalogue whenever you want.By using Fulfillment by Amazon, we take care of customer service, product shipping, and all logistics.You can check our help pages within Seller Central to help answer any questions you may have. Our seller support team will help you manage your account.Sell your products in Canada, United States, and Mexico. You control what you sell and where you sell it, managing your business from a single seller account.Earn a better location on the product detail pages.Customize the shipping rates of your products.
Don’t Miss: Should I Create An Llc To Sell On Amazon
Manage Your Inventory On Amazon
Managing inventory accurately is key to your success on Amazon. Amazon will lower your Seller Rating for not shipping an order for an item that you show in-stock. Like product listings above, you have several choices when it comes to inventory management. Whichever method you choose, keep inventory updated to keep your Amazon seller ratings high.
Note, Amazon automatically reduces your inventory count as your Amazon items sell. If you sell only on Amazon, this should keep your counts correct. But if you sell the same stock on your own website or in a retail store, youll probably need a better solution.
Price Your Items To Sell
If you want your items to sell, you need to price them accordingly. When you price your products higher than your competition, it can kill both your Amazon venture and any trust with your customers. 91% of customers buy from trusted branding, so you need to build this customer trust on Amazon, too.
Once you build trust and start generating sales, you may see that Amazon starts to promote your products. Amazon automatically promotes other products in the section on the product detail page under Customers who bought this item also bought.
Setting the price for your product involves the following strategy:
Finally, search for other Amazon products similar to yours. Use the same three keywords that you used for your description page and search for other products to see what appears.
Youll want to stand out from this list with strong pricing, high quality imagery, and a highly clickable product title.
Recommended Reading: How To Apply For Amazon Driver
What Is Fulfillment By Amazon
Fulfillment by Amazon is a program where Amazon stores, packs, ships, and handles customer service for the products you sell on Amazon. FBA gives you the ability to sell products on Amazon Prime.
FBA is a fulfillment option that sellers can choose for any or all of their products. Sellers vary on the number of products they choose to fulfill using FBA, depending on their margins, product category, and related seller variables.
Fulfillment by Amazon is a good option for merchants who are looking to increase shipping time and reduce time and money allotted to fulfillment.
FBA Pros and Cons
Less Business Operations: FBA eliminates fulfillment shipping efforts for sellers. Instead of handling warehouse management & packaging and those associated fees, retailers can pass off those task to Amazon
Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime customers purchase more, and more frequently than traditional Amazon shoppers.
- Using FBA increases product discoverability as FBA products feature Prime shipping, and appear for Prime filtered searches.
- Prime users and purchasers increase seasonally, and can add a boost around the holiday. Subscription services climbed more than 50% year after year in the last 3 quarters.
- Conversions are more likely on detail pages that are prime eligible, which can increase sales for products you sell using FBA.
Customer Service & Returns: Amazon handles customer service and returns with FBA orders, which is a perk for sellers who arent customer service specialists.
Choose The Right Pricing Strategy
If youre selling expensive or inexpensive goods, then you should be pricing as such.
Generally, you dont want to be 10% more expensive than any Fulfilled by Merchant seller, and you dont want to be more than a couple of pennies less than the least expensive seller.
One exception for the latter is if you see the two of you getting into a price war back out, because a pricing war usually leaves no winners, and its a better idea to rescale your marketing strategy than to keep lowering your prices.
Popular seller strategies including raising your price if your competitor runs out and pricing one penny lower than your competitors.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Amazon Cloud Drive On Iphone
How To Give Your Amazon Creative A Boost
Amazon branding is crucial for building your brand equity, building a connection with shoppers, and establishing trust. The good news is that there are more tools than ever at your disposal to build your branding on Amazon.
Here are a few ways to start the process of optimizing your creative on Amazon:
- Work with an agency to transfer your brand equity to Amazon using A+ Content, EBC, and Stores.
- Analyze Amazon customer reviews to understand what trigger words customers are searching for .
- Pull your advertising search term report to understand what words consumers are searching for when they purchase your products.
- Create comprehensive detail pages, images, and copy. By pairing attractive content and imagery, youll be able to more effectively communicate why consumers should buy your product.
More resources on Amazon Creative:
Now lets get into the game-changer: Amazon advertising.
Joseph Hansen Founder Buy Box Experts
Control your distribution and your product detail pages.
Brands that have their pricing levels at close parity with other channels and dont have dozens of unauthorized resellers competing for buy box share have the best chance at success.
Theyre able to build momentum on the channel and utilize advertising to increase their product sales and organic visibility over time.
Don’t Miss: How To Link Your Amazon Prime To Twitch
Check On Customer Reviews
Amazon is an extremely fast-paced and active site, so in the few days that you forgot to check your page you may have lost the buy box to another seller, went out of stock, had a pricing error, or had your pictures updated to something that you didnt request.
Additionally, you may have missed out on the recent influx of negative customer reviews that complain about a product issue you werent aware of due to a recent shipment of bad product sent to Amazon. Understanding that as a seller or brand you may have hundreds or thousands of pages, it is critical that you at least check your top selling pages frequently and invest in technology that streamlines these tasks across your entire catalog.
Create Amazon Seller Account
The first step towards starting the Amazon arbitrage business is creating the seller central account on Amazon. There are two types of seller accounts available out there.
- Individual account
- Professional account
Go to Amazon seller central page and enter the required details. Then upload the documents, and press the sign up button.
Don’t Miss: How To Cancel Britbox On Amazon Prime
Ifh 0: How To Make Money Today Selling Your Film With Amazon
This move is designed to go head to head with Googles for video-ad dollars. as well as going after other juggernauts like and Vimeo.
Amazon Video Direct has four distribution options for its creators.
Amazon Video Direct will pay the filmmaker 50% of the retail price for all rentals, digital purchases, and subscription fees. If filmmakers choose Prime Video distribution, creators will earn royalties of 15 cents per hour streamed in the U.S. and 6 cents in other territories under the standard terms.
What makes this a game-changer is indie filmmakers no longer have to deal with a middle man or distributor to gain access to one of the largest marketplaces in the world.
I already am making money with my past short films on Amazon Video Direct. Im surprised at the number of views and cash these short films are brought in, with no advertising on my part yet.
Finding A Host Of New Loyal Customers
By selling during the Prime Day we thought our sales would double, but our sales grew more than 3X and we got some of these orders from different corners of India.Gunjeet SinghFounder of Two Moustaches
A one day sale on Prime Day brought us 15 times the sale compaed to a normal day. The advertisements done by Amazon brought visibility to our brands in India.Ankit GargCo-Founder of WakeFit
On the day of Prime Day sale, within few hours we ran out of stock. My sale went from 1X to 8X within one single day and I started to acquire large number of first time and loyal customers.Vijaya RajanFounder of Sirimiri Nutrition Food Products Pvt. Ltd.
Also Check: How To Use Snap Benefits On Amazon
How To Get Your Products On Prime With Whitebox
Whitebox can help all brands fulfill Prime orders through both the FBA and SFP programs. The process of getting the Prime badge for your ecommerce products with Whitebox through SFP is simple:
If the margin analysis determines that pursuing FBA is more cost beneficial, Whitebox preps your inventory, then sends it to an Amazon fulfillment center instead of a Whitebox warehouse. Amazon then takes over shipping your products to your customers.
Create Your Product Listings On Amazon
As an Amazon seller, you can create product listings in two wayseither add your items to existing product listings or create a new product listing for an item. Either way, youll want your product to show up in the top results when customers search for it. With keyword research, youll know the exact words potential customers type in when looking for a product like yours.
Sellics is an all-in-one Amazon software that offers a free keyword research tool. You can either add the keywords Sellics finds to your product listings yourself or use the software to help you optimize and scale your Amazon store. .
Adding items to existing listings is by far the easiest of the two, and this is how most new sellers get started on Amazon. So well begin here.
Don’t Miss: How To Send To Amazon Locker
Focus On A Description And Use The Bullet
Under the title, you often see bullet points for a product on Amazon. This is the best place to add keywords and display what youre all about. Its close to your photos and shows the title, so make sure you dont omit this step. Below example shows what the bullet points look like:
Because the bullet point characteristic is so prominent, sometimes organizations get confused about the description and forget to add it altogether . The description still shows further down on your page. This does not mean that its not as essential, its just not as relevant as the bullet point section. I would still add a description, not get bothered too much about keywords, and make it short but detailed and pretty all at the same time. Below example shows where the description shows up:
optimize your image to get more traffic when selling on amazon
Maintain Good Seller Metrics
The moment you start selling your products through Prime,
you have to come up with a strong and solid seller rreputation
for you to become qualified for Prime Shipping. When you start from scratch,
it means that you have to wait for a bit for the inventory to become reliable prior to your products being labeled as Prime eligible.
You May Like: How To Return Amazon Order For Refund
Amazon Product Promotions & Advertising
To help boost your sales on Amazon, you can run promotions on your products. You can also pay for ads.
Running a promotion can help boost your chances of making a sale when a customer is looking at your item on Amazon. The options that Amazon provides for promotions you can run on your items include:
- Social Media Promo Codes
- Buy One Get One
Social Media Promo Code
This allows you to create a custom coupon code that you can share with others. Amazon will provide you with a dedicated link to the page as well to help you promote it.
You are able to pick what type of discount you offer, and how many are able to be redeemed.
This promotion type is designed to incentivize customers to purchase multiples. For example, you can run a promotion to offer 10% off if customers purchase 2 items and 12% off if they purchase 3 or more items.
You can customize the discount percentage and purchase quantity required for customers to be eligible for the discount. This is a promotion we use fairly often in my business and it helps generate more orders of multiples.
Buy One Get One
This promotion type allows you to setup offers where if a customer buys one item they get the next one free or discounted. You can also set it up so customers have to buy multiple units to get one free. So you can do buy 3 get 1 free, or any combo that youd like.
How To Apply For The Amazon Brand Registry
To be a member of the Amazon Brand Registry you must:
- Step 1. Review eligibility requirements. Brands must have a registered and active text or image-based trademark.
- Step 2. Sign into Amazon Brand Registry. Brand Registry application must be submitted by the trademark owner. If you are an authorized agent, please have the trademark owner enroll the brand first, and add your account as an additional user. If you meet the eligibility requirements, sign in using your existing Seller or Vendor Central credentials. Or, if you dont yet have an Amazon account, create one for free.
- Step 3. Enroll your brand. Once you sign in, you will need to enroll your brand. After Amazon has verified the information you submit during enrollment, you will be able to access Brand Registrys features to help protect your brand.
More resources on the Amazon Brand Registry:
Don’t Miss: How To Use Amazon Locker
How To Create An Amazon Individual Seller Account
Registering to sell on Amazon is a straightforward process. It should not take you more than an hour, and you can streamline the process by keeping the following information and documents handy:
- Your legal name, business name, and address: Your legal name will not be made public while your business name is the one that customers will see when buying your product.
- Government-issued ID: Any proof of identity issued by your government.
- Contact information: We recommend setting up a separate email address for your Amazon business. This contact information will be used by Amazon and customers to get in touch with you directly. Have a working phone number ready as well. Amazon will verify your contact information during the registration process.
- A ship from address: In case you are shipping your products from an address that is not your business address.
- Bank Account Information: This account is where Amazon will send you the proceeds of your sales. You will usually get your money every 14 days.
- Tax identity information: In the United States, you can provide your Social Security number or your companys Federal Tax ID number. You have to submit your tax information and have it verified. Keep in mind that Amazon does not file your taxes. The retail giant is required by law to collect your tax ID information so that relevant authorities can be notified of taxable earnings you make as a seller. The responsibility of paying your taxes is yours.