How Much Does Business Prime Cost
Despite having similar names, Business Prime is separate from your personal Prime account and it will incur a separate cost. Although Amazon Business is free for anyone to sign up for, if you want to add on Business Prime youll pay a yearly fee, ranging from $179 to $10,099 per year, depending on the size of your business.
Although is free, youll need to pay a fee to get the benefits of Business Prime.
Something to keep in mind: your personal Amazon Prime account is not linked to your Business Prime account and they will incur .
Amazon Business American Express Card
If you purchase , you can apply for Amazons Business American Express Card. The card is unique in that you can choose to get cash back on your purchases or get an extended deadline to pay off your balance.
If your AmEx card application is accepted, youll also get an Amazon gift card worth $100 $125.
If you dont need a credit card, you can also apply for a corporate credit line and youll have complete control over who gets to use and approve spending with it.
What Kinds Of Businesses Can Use Amazon Business
In theory, any kind of business can use Amazon Business. If you run a small e-commerce business, you may find Amazon Business useful for automating regular delivery of crucial office supplies. Larger businesses, such as those with over 100 employees, may find Amazon Business helpful for ensuring guaranteed delivery of vital packages of office supplies and other business goods.
Businesses that earn money by selling their products to other businesses can also use Amazon Business as a marketplace for reaching their customers. If you run a business that sells office supplies or other crucial business goods in bulk at discount prices and want to shift toward an e-commerce business model, , then create a Business profile.
Congrats You Have Successfully Created An Account On Amazon Business
You can then manage your account information, sign up multiple users, and organize people into groups to keep them separated. You can even designate different payment methods and spending limits for each group or user.
Amazon Business also allows you to set up approval workflows if you’d like to be notified of purchases or have a supervisor approve any or all purchases through the platform. Also, if you’re a non-profit or any other business that gets tax-exempt status on purchases, there are options for that too. Anyway, once you’ve set all that up, it’s time to shop.
Benefits Of Amazon Business Prime Membership
- Business pricing: You get discounts on millions of products, price breaks on multi-unit purchases, and the ability to see multiple offers from a range of different sellers on a single page. The site offers discounts and tiered pricing discounts for bulk purchases on select items.
You can click Request a Quantity Discount if you want to see these discounted items from participating sellers. Access to Business Prime exclusives and Prime Day deals.
- Spend visibility*: Powered by AWS QuickSight, this feature provides visualizations of company spending, to more easily analyze data and spending trends.
- Guided buying*: Administrators of an account can indicate preferred suppliers and products, set restrictions on certain product categories, and more. This improves compliance and consolidates suppliers.
- : Access to a credit card with no annual fees. For more info, go to.
- Extended terms for Pay by Invoice*: Extended Terms for Pay by Invoice can be requested by members. What this does is extend their terms of payment for an Amazon Business invoice to 45 or 60 days, based on their plan.
Note: Business Prime does not include Amazon Prime features, like Prime Video.
*These cannot be availed by Essentials plan users.
You May Like: Should I Create An Llc To Sell On Amazon
Which Amazon Seller Account Type Is Best For You
The Individual Amazon seller account is best for someone who:
- Wants to get their feet wet selling on Amazon and keep costs as low as possible at the beginning
- Is selling less than 40 items per month
- Doesnt have the need for the additional features of the professional seller account
The Professional seller account is best when you:
- Sell over 40 items per month
- Want to collect sales tax on their items
- Want to be displayed in the buy box
- Need to sell in certain restricted categories
- Plan to run promotions
With all this in mind, any long-term success on Amazon will require a Professional account. That doesnt mean you have to start with one though.
Perks Of An Amazon Prime Membership
When you pay for, you’ll be able to access the following benefits:
- Free two-day delivery on Prime-eligible items .
- Free one-day and same-day shipping on select items , and free “ultra-fast” two-hour grocery delivery.
- “,” which lets you make orders and then specify the day everything you’ve ordered that week will be delivered.
- Free release-date delivery on select items, like video games and music.
- Discounted, expedited delivery.
- “” deals.
- Free streaming of Prime-eligible movies, TV shows, and Audible Channels.
- Free streaming of more than two million ad-free songs in Amazon Music Prime, in addition to thousands of stations and offline listening.
- Free games every month, including in-game content and a free monthly Twitch channel subscription.
- Prime Reading, which provides you with access to over a thousand eBooks, magazines, comics, and more across any device.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Use Amazon Prime At Whole Foods
Pros And Cons Of Amazon Business
Benefits of Amazon Business
- Price savings and shipping choices
Amazon Business provides price savings and shipping advantages for its business members. Those who have business accounts can buy through Amazon.com. Account owners get price reductions on multi-unit purchases, general price breaks on millions of business items, and the chance to compare prices from different sellers. You can also ask for bulk discounts from some sellers.
- Payment options
You or another administrator of your Amazon Business account can choose individual or shared payments. Shared payment option consists of credit cards, the Amazon corporate credit line, and debit cards. Any eligible user of your business account can choose to use the payment method to buy products on behalf of your business. Whereas all your authorized account users can use the card you add, to enhance security, they can see only the last four digits.
Thanks to the Amazon corporate credit line, your user and management choices are expanded. You can authorize different shoppers on a single account, download order history reports, and pay by purchase order. Its statements are easy to understand, and it requires no annual fees. Account administrators can manage individual and shared payment options and delivery addresses to make ordering convenient and easy for all shoppers in your company.
- Benefits for small businesses
Drawbacks of Amazon Business
How Can You Join Amazon Business
To join Amazon Business, head to the . You can then sign up for your free 30-day trial using the orange button on the left-hand side. Register using your business email, then provide Amazon with proof of your business information, including address, business tax ID and credit card. Within 24 hours, Amazon will verify your business and, in the interim, you can track the status of your verification.
Recommended Reading: Amazon Hub Locker No Code Sent
How Much Does Amazon B2b Cost / How Much Does Amazon Business Cost
Any decision-maker at a company has probably asked yeah, but how much does it cost? ten times by now or just skipped to this section and read it first like a choose your own adventure story.
If youre curious about fees for the different Selling Plans on Amazon, have a look here:
In a nutshell
- Streaming Media Players
- *** Industrial & Scientific
A comprehensive list of categories and product types can be found here.
That being said, how much does it cost? is a good question but its easy to know how much something costs how much value does it bring to the company? is an even smarter question.
How To Create An Amazon Business Account
Before you do shopping or selling on Amazon Business, youll have to create an account, which includes adding some details about your business.
Go to the website business.amazon.com, then click on the Create a free account button. Next, you provide information such as your name, email address, and create a password. Finally, you will be required to add information such as your full name, business name, business email, or phone number, and more. It takes less than 10 minutes to open a free account.
You can manage your account details, sign up different users, and classify people into separate groups. You can even customize your payment methods and spending limits for every group or user.
Amazon Business also enables you to create approval workflows if you want to be informed of purchases or have a supervisor approve any purchases through the marketplace. In addition, if youre a non-profit or any other business with tax-exempt status on purchases, there are also choices for that.
Also Check: Amazon Locker Location Map
What Are The Advantages Of Amazon Business Prime
On some goods, Amazon Business Prime provides your company free same-day or two-day shipping. An Amazon Prime Business subscription is not free, unlike Amazon Business, and the fee per year varies by tier. The price tiers are as follows:
- Duo: The Duo plan is $69 per year and allows for only one user. However, it does not offer expenditure visibility, guided purchasing, or longer periods for Pay By Invoice.
- Essentials: The Essentials plan is $179 per year and allows you to have up to three users. It does, however, provide expenditure visibility, guided buying, and longer periods for Pay By Invoice, which the Duo plan does not.
- Small: The small plan is $499 per year and allows for up to ten users.
- Medium: The medium plan is $1,299 per year for up to 100 members.
- Enterprise: This package costs $10,099 per year and contains over 100 users. It also offers an ideal deployment, in which Amazon Business Professional Services fine-tunes the account in a full-scale implementation process to maximize expenditure visibility and policy settings.
Governments, nonprofit colleges, public education institutions, and healthcare facilities can also take advantage of a lower-cost Enterprise option called Public Sector, which costs $3,499 per year approximately one-third of the normal Enterprise pricing.
Why You Might Want A Different Card
Other cards are more travel-friendly
The Amazon Business Prime American Express Card isnt an ideal companion for all business trips. It doesnt charge foreign transaction fees, but American Express isn’t as widely accepted internationally as Visa or Mastercard. The card does pack some travel protections, but so do many other cards. The $0-annual-fee Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card, for example, features travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation coverage and trip delay reimbursement. You’ll earn a flat 1.5 points per $1 spent . As a Mastercard without foreign transaction fees, this card is well equipped to travel.
There are cards with simpler reward structures
The aforementioned Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card is a good option to consider instead thanks to its flat rate on everything you buy but you can do even better if you’re willing to pay an annual fee. The Capital One Spark Cash Plus earns 2% cash back on all purchases, not to mention a massive sign-up bonus.
There are cards bigger bonuses and longer 0% intro APR periods
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card will earn you 1.5% back on everything, including Amazon purchases, but it also offers some stellar introductory offers. Youll get a hefty sign-up bonus and some interest-free breathing room.
Read Also: Alexa How Much Does It Cost
Why Should You Sign Up For A Business Account
It may or may not be worth it depending on your business goals. There is a free plan for Amazon Business and you have the following capabilities:
- Manage all the users on your Amazon Business account
- Save preferred suppliers for easy purchasing access
- Establish order-approval procedures and spending caps
- Make a company credit card accessible to certain account users
- Opt-in to Amazon Corporate Credit
- Integrate purchasing systems so your customers have a punchout option
- Set certain qualifying purchases for consolidated delivery on a pallet to your doorstep or dock
Plus, Amazon Business got a 4/5 stars with 70+ ratings! I think it’s worth trying the free Amazon Business version & possibly upgrading to Amazon Business Prime.
The main reason to become an Amazon Business member is because of how much money you can save by shopping & selling on Amazon Business. Similarly, Amazon Business gives you the tools to help manage your business easier. In my opinion, signing up for an Amazon Business Account has been worth signing up for. I use Amazon Business and it has made my life simpler. My recommendation is to sign up for an Amazon Business account and try it out for a month. That way, you can see if it is helpful for you & your business. If it’s not valuable for you, it is super easy to cancel.
Pros And Cons Of Amazon B2b / Pros And Cons Of Amazon Business
My experience is, Amazon is a complex beast so its important to know the real world practical Pros and Cons of Amazon B2B / Amazon Business.
Amazon B2B / Amazon Business Pros:
- Quickly & easily reach high volume buyers
- Offer a unique product catalog only available to business buyers
- Greater control over your Seller Account metrics by only selling to specific B2B buyers with select credentials and certifications
- Increase conversions and visibility in Amazon Search by including additional documentation for products
- Excellent opportunity for brands who may not otherwise sell on Amazon, to make their products available on the worlds largest marketplace
Amazon B2B / Amazon Business Cons:
- Referral fee discounts are only available for certain categories
- FBA fee discounts are only available for certain price points
- More customer service is involved as business buyers typically ask for quotes
- Significantly stricter performance metric requirements
Tanner was a great help and even prepared for my call in advance. A wealth of knowledge! Was really great to rack his brains he wasted no time on the call either and gave me the info I wanted with no fluff.
Tim Calwell, CEO r3vitalize
By now, youve assessed the costs and looked at the pros and cons and are likely asking is Amazon B2B right for my business?
You May Like: Britbox Cost Through Amazon Prime
Is It Possible For Companies To Join Amazon Prime
In principle, a company could join Amazon Prime to benefit from the same free shipping and delivery benefits Amazon Prime is designed for single-user, personal usage and lacks the capabilities and even greater reductions offered by Amazon Business. Amazon has introduced Amazon Business Prime in the United States, Germany, and Japan for businesses needing Prime advantages.
Financing Your Amazon Fba Business
Starting an Amazon FBA business with private label can be cost effective especially if you choose to run the business from your home, share office space with a friend or make use of virtual office. Securing a standard office or warehouse facility is part of what will consume a large chunk of your start up capital, but if you choose to start the business on a small scale, you may not have the need to go source for fund to finance the business.
No doubt when it comes to financing a business, one of the first thing and perhaps the major factors that you should consider is to write a good business plan. If you have a good and workable business plan in place, you may not have to labor yourself before convincing your bank, investors and your friends to invest in your business.
Here are some of the options you can explore when sourcing for start up capital for your Amazon FBA business with private label
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Sell shares to interested investors
- Applying for Loan from your Bank / banks
- Pitching your business idea and applying for business grants and seed funding from donor organizations and angel investors
Recommended Reading: Become Amazon Fba Seller
Which Benefits Are Included With Amazon Prime
With an Amazon Prime personal account, your membership fee unlocks a number of benefits for shopping, streaming, delivery, reading, and more. Some of these include free shipping at shopbop.com, two credits to try Audible, and upgraded shipping at Zappos. You also have the option to link one other adult to your Amazon Prime account to share all the same benefits for free.
- Amazon Day: Pick a delivery date and shop through the week, then have your packages delivered on your chosen day.
- Key by Amazon: Where eligible, Amazon will deliver packages to your home, garage, or vehicle for free.
- Free One-Day and Two-Day Delivery: No minimum purchase required on over 10 million items.
- Free Same-Day Delivery: Where available, qualifying orders of $35 or more can receive delivery by 9 p.m. if ordered before noon.
- Free Ultrafast Grocery Delivery: Available areas get free two-hour delivery on groceries.
- Free Release-Date Delivery: Choose this delivery option to get new books, movies, music, and more by 7 p.m. on the date of release.
- Free No-Rush Shipping: Earn rewards toward future purchases if you don’t need your order right away.
- Prescription Delivery and Savings: Get prescriptions delivered with free two-day shipping and discounts for paying out-of-pocket.
- Prime Day: Two-day annual sales event.
- Prime Wardrobe: Try on accessories, clothes, jewelry, and shoes at home and send back what you don’t want.
Streaming and digital benefits