The Opportunity For Amazon Third
One of the more subtle features of Amazons business model is that it allows people to sell products on its site, which means you can take advantage of this brand names tremendous reach and influence. Theyve been offering this opportunity in third party selling since 2006.
If you go this route, youll be in good company. As of the first quarter of 2021, third-party sales became a majority, with roughly 55% of sales on Amazon are made through third-party sellers. In its 2020 Small Business Impact report, Amazon revealed it shipped out more than 3.4 billion third-party items in just one year, between June 2019 and May 2020and this was during a pandemic no less. So its plain to see that buyers do trust and buy from third parties.
Even if you already have your own website and ecommerce store you may want to consider expanding your distribution into Amazon. You’ll be able to reach more potential customers and increase sales of first-time customers who may be leery of shopping on a lesser known website.
Its a lucrative opportunitythird-party sales account for billions in sales each year. You could take a slice of that pie and make your own five or six-figure income as an Amazon Seller.
And its easy too. Using Amazons Seller Central dashboard, youll be able to manage an online business without your own website and letting Amazon handle all the grunt work.
How To List A New Item To Sell On Amazon
1. If you’re not already logged in to your Amazon account, do so.
2. Once on your “Seller Dashboard,” click “Catalog” in the menu bar. Select “Add a Product” from the dropdown menu.
3. Choose “I’m adding a product not sold on Amazon.”
4. Browse item categories before choosing “Select category” and picking a subcategory.
5. Enter your product’s information in the “Vital Info” and “Offer” tabs.
6. Click “Save.”
How To Create An Amazon Listing And Ship To Amazon Fba
Follow these steps when you want to create an Amazon listing:
Step 1: Go to seller central on Amazon and select the inventory drop down and select Add a Product.
Step 2: Next you want to select create a new product listing and start from scratch.
Step 3: Choose the category of the products youre going to be selling. Make sure that your product category is not restricted. If you sell in a restricted category you wont be able to create your product listing until youre approved.
There are plenty of categories that dont require approval so keep it simple and keep moving forward! Find the closest thing that relates to your product.
Step 4: Fill in the required info. You just want to get the product listing up so that you can send your products into Amazon FBA.
You can focus on after the inventory arrives in Amazon.
Next you want to fill out these spaces to complete your product listing and get your Amazon FBA listing completed.
You want your product name here, you can change it later.
Since youre a private label seller you can list your company name as the manufacturer. If you dont have a company name just make it the company name you will have in the future. Again dont let this stop you.
Your brand can also be your company name.
If you saw our last post about buying UPC codes you know that you need them to list your products on Amazon.
How to Buy a UPC Code
Step 5: Buy a UPC Code if you dont have a UPC code yet. Go to SnapUPC
You May Like: Factory Reset Amazon Kindle
Can You Sell Used Items On Amazon
In short, there are some instances in which you can sell used items on Amazon. Unlike marketplaces like eBay or Poshmark, however, Amazon is not designed for selling used itemsâin fact, Amazon has very strict guidelines and regulations about listing categories and what business owners can sell in each category.
If youre looking to sell used items on Amazon, they would have to be eligible under category and condition guidelines. Some categories that allow used items are books, music, software and computer games, toys and games, tools and hardware, and computers.
Additionally, certain applicable used items, like videos, DVDs, and Blu-ray, require that you obtain approval from Amazon to sell themâwhether used or new. In this case, you not only have to apply to sell these items, but you are also required to have a Professional plan .
All of this being said, it is worth noting if you become an established Amazon seller in particular product categories and meet specific requirements, you can apply to participate in the Amazon Renewed program, which allows you to sell refurbished, pre-owned, and open-box products.
Open An Amazon Account
Once youve chosen a product to sell, youll want to make yourself official and open a Seller Central account, which will be the hub of your online business. This portal is where youll add product listings, manage your inventory, view your reports, and more.
Youll start by signing up with a valid email address and then be prompted to add the following information. Make sure you have all the info you need on-hand to make the process a little smoother:
- Business name and address
- Telephone number
- Tax information
Later when you start making sales, Amazon will deposit payments directly into your bank account every two weeks and will notify you that your payment has been sent.
After clicking Next, youll enter your billing information. During the signup, youll also choose which account type to sign up for. You have two options:
- Individual: This account type gives you access to 20 product categories and restricts you to a maximum of 40 items sold per month. Youll be charged a fee of $1 per item sold, although there is no monthly subscription fee.
- Professional: With this option, youll have access to 30 product categories and are eligible, upon approval from Amazon, to sell in the additional restricted categories. This account costs $39.99 per month.
You May Like: How Do I Use Amazon Prime At Whole Foods
How To Sell An Existing Item On Amazon
This is for items that are already being sold on Amazon, whether by another third-party seller or Amazon itself.
1. Log in to your Amazon account.
2. Click “Catalog” in the menu bar and select “Add a Product” from the dropdown menu.
3. Search for the product type you want to sell under “Find your products in Amazon’s catalog” by searching for its name or identifying information like an ISBN, EAN, or ASIN.
4. Once you’ve found your product, click “Show variations.” You can also just select your product from the list.
5. Choose an item condition.
6. Click “Sell this product.”
7. Enter any additional product details in the data fields.
8. Click “Save.”
How To Use Amazon Seller App
For the convenience of Amazon sellers, Amazon has introduced the Amazon Seller app. It is easy to use and automatically available to registered Amazon sellers. All you need to do is download the application and install it on your phone. If you don’t already have an Amazon seller account, you’ll need to sign up first to use the app.
Don’t Miss: How To Create A Playlist On Alexa Echo
Thinking Amazon Shoppers Read
Your Amazon shoppers arent thoroughly reading your policies. Even more likely, many people who have purchased your items havent read the product description entirely.
State your policies clearly, and in multiple locations. Politely reiterate policies in customer interactions, but remember its unlikely shoppers have read your store policy or the product description for what theyve purchased.
There Might Be An Amazon App For That
Not all of us are blessed with a smartphone, but if you do have one, you can easily scan your goods and determine their immediate value using either an iOS or Android-based price checker Amazon app on your smartphone.
This is useful if youre dealing with a lot of inventory or prone to checking out store clearance sales for additional merchandise.
One free iPhone-based Amazon app is Amazon Seller. This app really is the best app for sellers just getting started as there is no charge and it connects directly with your Amazon account. The Selling Family put together a free guide to show you .
Recommended Reading: Hard Reset Amazon Kindle
Choose Your Business Location And Business Type
The next step in the Amazon seller registration process is to share the following information:
- Your business location: This is the country in which your business is located. Its extremely important that this is accurate, as Amazon will be verifying it .
- Your business type: Youll be able to choose your business entity from the following options :
- State-owned business
- None, I am an individual
Then, click the Agree and continue button.
How To Create An Amazon Individual Seller Account
Registering to sell on Amazon is a straightforward process. It should not take you more than an hour, and you can streamline the process by keeping the following information and documents handy:
- Your legal name, business name, and address: Your legal name will not be made public while your business name is the one that customers will see when buying your product.
- Government-issued ID: Any proof of identity issued by your government.
- Contact information: We recommend setting up a separate email address for your Amazon business. This contact information will be used by Amazon and customers to get in touch with you directly. Have a working phone number ready as well. Amazon will verify your contact information during the registration process.
- A ship from address: In case you are shipping your products from an address that is not your business address.
- Bank Account Information: This account is where Amazon will send you the proceeds of your sales. You will usually get your money every 14 days.
- Tax identity information: In the United States, you can provide your Social Security number or your companys Federal Tax ID number. You have to submit your tax information and have it verified. Keep in mind that Amazon does not file your taxes. The retail giant is required by law to collect your tax ID information so that relevant authorities can be notified of taxable earnings you make as a seller. The responsibility of paying your taxes is yours.
Read Also: Amazon Prime Fresh Price
Clear Understanding Of Your Product Sourcing Avenues
If your products sell well on Amazon, do you know how to replenish quickly enough to avoid extensive stockout periods?
If you specialize in close-outs and one-time buys, you may not be able to replenish the same SKUs easily, but should have well-defined processes for adding new inventory, as your Amazon cash position improves.
How To Apply For The Amazon Brand Registry
To be a member of the Amazon Brand Registry you must:
- Step 1. Review eligibility requirements. Brands must have a registered and active text or image-based trademark.
- Step 2. Sign into Amazon Brand Registry. Brand Registry application must be submitted by the trademark owner. If you are an authorized agent, please have the trademark owner enroll the brand first, and add your account as an additional user. If you meet the eligibility requirements, sign in using your existing Seller or Vendor Central credentials. Or, if you dont yet have an Amazon account, create one for free.
- Step 3. Enroll your brand. Once you sign in, you will need to enroll your brand. After Amazon has verified the information you submit during enrollment, you will be able to access Brand Registrys features to help protect your brand.
More resources on the Amazon Brand Registry:
Don’t Miss: Hard Reset Kindle Fire Hdx
Freight Forwarding & Logistics For Fba Sellers
At Asiana USA, we specialize in freight forwarding and other logistical services to help you deliver your products to where they need to be. We facilitate shipping to and from Bangladesh, Vietnam, and mainland China to the United States. This allows U.S.-based customers to realize the benefits of low-cost, high-volume production runs, including those who purchase products through Amazon. If you need logistical support or further information regarding our freight forwarding services, please call us at .
How To Choose A Product To Sell On Amazon
Selling is all about what you offer in the market. Your product is the foundation of your ecommerce store if that did not goes right nothing can help you to save your ecommerce store to take a nosedive and demolish into pieces.
Therefore, you have to be very conscious about choosing the . To do so, there are three tips to choose your product to sell on Amazon in order to become a profitable seller on Amazon.
Recommended Reading: Reset My Kindle Fire
How Does Fulfillment By Amazon Work
If this is the first time youre hearing of FBA, dont fret.
Quite simply, its a way to become an Amazon seller where Amazon does all the hard work for you.
Heres how FBA works:
It pretty much sounds like Amazon is doing all the work. What are your responsibilities, then?
As an Amazon seller through FBA, your main responsibilities are to select the products, manage your inventory, and to sell that is, promote and advertise your products so that customers find them and buy them.
Pros And Cons Of Selling On Amazon Us
Why should you sell on Amazon U.S.? Many people seem to believe that you need to be living in the U.S. to sell on the Amazon U.S. platform, but that is not true. In fact, out of Amazons 2.2 million global third-party sellers, 86% of them sell in the Amazon U.S marketplace, and 41% of them dont even live in the U.S.²
Lets examine some of the Pros and Cons of selling on Amazon U.S.
Business Registration & Bank Account
First things first, you need to register a business in the United States to sell on Amazon.com, right? WRONG!
Theres no point in doing that! Amazon does not require us to have a US-based business presence, and it would only complicate the whole set-up process, and Im not even talking about doing taxes in the US, etc.
If you have a Ltd. company registered in the UK , you can use that to sell on Amazon.com. The same applies for sole tradersyou can sell as a UK-registered sole trader on the US website with no problems.
Bank account. I dont know where this misleading information comes from on the Internet, but a lot of people suggest that you need to open a US bank account to sell on Amazon.com, but its simply not true! You can use your current bank accountany European IBAN bank account numberto receive payments from Amazon US, just like you would in Europe. So again, theres no NEED or BENEFIT to opening a US-based bank account.
However, you may want to do it for practical reasons, like to get paid in USD and not GBP or EUR as you would with your current bank account. This is especially important if you import products from China and pay in USD as it allows you to avoid going through a currency conversion TWO times and losing out through the unfair exchange rates that banks or Amazon offer. Instead, I recommend you open a Transferwise Borderless account.
Yes, same Trustpilot where PayPal gets rated 1.3 stars, lol!!!
Can I Sell On Amazon As A Non
Amazon offers a huge opportunity for brands selling physical products. The good news is that selling on Amazon is not just limited to US residents and corporations – it is possible to sell on Amazon in the US without ever setting foot on US soil.
This 4-part series will walk through the process of setting up an Amazon Seller Account as a foreigner, as well as the ins and outs of importing your products, getting paid, and expanding beyond the US. Make sure you sign up to our mailing list to get notified when new articles come out!
Note: I offer this information as a starting point. You should always check the rules & regulations in your own country as well as the current information provided by Amazon & the US federal government. You should also consult with a tax advisor to help you decide the best options from a personal tax planning standpoint.
Also Check: Amazon Book App Iphone
Amazon Has Already Started Gating Specific Brands And Skus
During your first 30 days with a seller account, we encourage you to add all of your intended catalog to your Amazon seller account.
It wont take long to establish whether you will have problems with specific brands and SKUs.
You may need to change your catalog or close your account if Amazon is restricting the products you intended to sell.
Want more insights like this?
Selling Through Fba: Is It Worth It
With all the fees and other issues outlined above, you may be wondering if you can cut some kind of profit margin with FBA. Luckily, Amazon provides a Pricing Calculator and an FBA Revenue Calculator that allows you to determine if FBA is even worth it.
On the other hand, if you can find lots of lightweight inventory cheaply and easily via clearance sales, store closeouts, or even inheritance auctions, then FBA may be a smart solution for you.
If you are looking for a few more success stories, check out how Marvin grew an in less than 4 months or how this family travels full time in an RV while making a living selling on Amazon.
Have we inspired you yet to become an Amazon seller? How do you plan to start? Ask your questions or share your progress with us in the comments!
Also Check: Can I Get Amazon Prime On Spectrum Cable Box