Direct External Traffic From Social Media Websites And E
Adding links to your website is a great way to direct traffic to your Amazon listings and increase exposure for your brand.
Having a direct-to-consumer e-commerce website provides your brand with an additional sales channel while giving it a platform at your control. By directing traffic to your website, youll be able to market your products with no limitations at the level of creativity you desire, making it a perfect platform for people to discover and learn about your brand.
Then, use your website as a tool to redirect Amazon customers from your website to your Amazon listing. This is especially valuable for Amazon customers with Prime who want to learn more about your brand but want to purchase it on Amazon.
Social media and email campaigns are some of the most effective marketing strategies when sharing your Amazon listing link. Use bios, descriptions, and posts to bring external traffic to your listings to help increase the number of impressions on your page. Remember to do this, especially when running sales or having significant events to promote to your target audience.
Sales Sales And More Sales
Good content and optimized listings will only get you so far. Above all else, Amazon will be looking at your sales velocity. This is basically the number of sales you make each day. It is proof that customers found product matches based on the exact same search query. They want to see a strong and consistent sales velocity, and if yours starts to dip it may impact your ranking. Amazon assigns a score to each seller based on how many units they are moving. Those with the highest scores will find themselves listed near the top of the page, among the best sellers.
In many ways, this can feel like a chicken versus egg scenario. You need sales to rank, but you need to rank to get the sales. It can seem impossible but rest assured, there are things you can do.
You should also be careful about managing content around promotions. You must only provide details which the customer needs for buying that content. Including promotions in your content goes against Amazons guidelines and can see you penalized.
It can seem counterintuitive to drop your prices or hold giveaways, but if it boosts your position in the search rankings, it can be worth it. Without some of these moves, it can be hard to break onto the first page.
are another way to get your products in front of the right customers. A small amount of spend on a pay per click campaign can really boost your sales and provide an incredible return on your advertising dollar.
How Do You Increase Your Amazon Ranking
There are various ways to increase your Amazon ranking. By maintaining Amazon standards, you are in a better position to connect with potential buyers. Generally, the higher you rank, the more selling potential youll have.
Additional ways to increase rankings include:
- Optimize your product listing, including title, product descriptions, key features, images, and pricing.
- Track your product ranking on the Brand Dashboard and manage product reviews.
- Use to help increase your selling success.
Explore the rest of this article for further information on how to improve your ranking on Amazon.
Recommended Reading: Amazon Fresh Food Stamps
Format It Using Amazons Quite Strict But Very Logical Formatting Guide
Id suggest reading this guide first in order to set up your MS Word file for minimum re-work.
After my book was finished, it took me around 6 hours to format it to their guidelines. This can easily be outsourced for under $100 on Upwork, too.
Minimalist formatting is necessary because users can increase or decrease the text size on their Kindle / iPad, so font size, page numbers and coloured headings become irrelevant.
You can find all of Amazons formatting guidelines here.
This Kindle Publishing guide may also prove useful.
Field Of Dreams Strategy
Five years ago, you could count on getting some initial traffic and sales just from having your listing on Amazon.
However, as the marketplace has become more competitive, it has become harder to rank organically without doing something to jumpstart the conversions on your listing.
Today, if you simply put your listing on Amazon, even if it is a well-optimized listing you cannot maximize your sales potential.
Amazon is the most capitalistic search engine out there.
While there are a lot of ranking factors, you could say that Amazon primarily looks at what listings have the highest likelihood of conversion in the future based on how that listing has converted in the past for specific keyword terms.
This creates a chicken and the egg kind of problem. Therefore, the field of dreams strategy doesnt work anymore.
Nowadays, you must trigger some initial conversions in order for your listing to rank competitively.
In general, the more competitive your category is, the more initial sales are going to be required to have your listing start to rank organically for specific keyword phrases.
We generally jumpstart those conversions with a combination of coupons, ads, and driving external traffic. By pushing these conversions, we can start to organically rank for important, highly relevant keyword phrases.
Ads have a significant impact on organic SEO because of the way the Amazon marketplace has been crafted and how the algorithm looks at conversions as a ranking factor.
You May Like: How Much Is Amazon Business Account
Content That Is Unique
Your product or service must be described in detail and appeal directly to your target audience. Its a common mistake for sellers to use the default description provided by manufacturers. This causes several problems, including:
- Duplicate content is likely to result from other vendors replicating manufacturer content
- It produces poor search engine optimization
- Rather than stating the value accurately, it simply summarises basic specs and features
Make sure you explain the benefits and features that may be of most interest to your audience. Knowing the reasons for your customers need for your product will allow you to create comprehensive and helpful product pages that will tell them more about your product and lead to more conversions.
The One Thing To Remember For Amazon Seo
If you only get one thing from this chapter, it should be this:
Amazon cares about buyers and selling stuff to those buyers.
Yes, that is quite possibly the most obvious statement made by anyone ever.
But, if you can remember this anytime you are making Amazon product listing optimizations,amand balance that with your own interests, youll quickly start making decisions that will help your products sell on Amazon.
What differentiates A9 from Google Search or other top search engines is Amazon is a buying platform.
As consumers, we rarely hop on Amazon just for product research.
We are usually very close to the point of purchase. Amazon knows this.
In turn, Amazon will continually make changes to test what makes shoppers buy more frequently.
Therefore, we need to make changes that will help shoppers convert more frequently.
This includes making our products more visible than our competitors, so shoppers find us more often.
Additionally, we need to make changes that turn browsers to buyer while keeping in mind the goal of the Amazon search algorithm.
Some things to think about when include:
- Should you have more images?
- What should you put in the title?
- What price should you sell at?
Just remember, Amazon cares about buyers and selling stuff to those buyers. Help Amazon and youll help yourself.
Read Also: Amazon Promo Code 10 Off Entire Order 2017
Use A Web Scraping Framework Like Pyspider Or Scrapy
When youre crawling a massive site like Amazon.com, you need to spend some time to figure out how to run your entire crawl smoothly. Choose an open-source framework for building your scraper, like Scrapy or PySpider which are both based in Python. These frameworks have pretty active communities and can take care of handling a lot of the errors that happen while scraping without disturbing the entire scraper. Most of them also let you use multiple threads to speed up scraping if you are using a single computer. You can deploy Scrapy to your own servers using ScrapyD.
How To Get Reviews On Amazon: 5 Tips
How do you get legitimate, 100% authentic home-grown Amazon consumer reviews? Heres how.
1. Provide a great consumer experience. The majority of negative reviews involve consumers feeling misled about a product. Be honest about what youre selling and provide as much accurate, precise information about your product as possible to avoid any confusion or false expectations.
2. Send follow-up emails after an Amazon purchase asking for feedback. Amazon asks for customer feedback following a purchase, but its a generic email with nothing special. Instead, send personalized review requests ideally, you want to send them shortly after theyve received your product so its awesomeness is still fresh in their minds. You can even use a site like FeedbackFive or Feedback Express to automatically send customized feedback request emails. Make it really easy for users to leave a review by including a link.
3. Request Amazon reviews via newsletter and social media. Chances are, the folks subscribed to your newsletter and your fans on Facebook already like you, so why not ask them for reviews? Theres a decent chance theyve already bought a product from you, so they can provide legitimate, positive Amazon customer reviews. In our article about getting reviews on Yelp, we noted that Yelp discouraged directly soliciting reviews. Amazon, on the other hand, is much more lax.
Well discuss how to find these coveted super-star Amazon reviewers in our next section below.
You May Like: Kindle Soft Reset
Check Out The Movers And Shakers In Your Target Categories
Similarly, you can repeat this process with another set of top-seller pages that Amazon calls Movers and Shakers. Here is where Amazon tracks products that are quickly moving up the popularity charts, like the top trending items in Clothing, Shoes, and Jewelry, below.
Following the process above, you can drill into sub-categories and items to see whats trending with shoppers right now. This is valuable information if youre trying to catch a style or product opportunity on the upswing.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use Amazons own dataand your potential competitors own productsto guide you in finding and choosing the right products to sell on Amazon.
Get An Understanding Of A9
A9 is Amazons search algorithm, and the tool they use to help rank products within their search results. If you have a good idea of how A9 works, youll be able to make the small changes necessary to help lift your rankings. And, because its always changing, you have to constantly be educating yourself and making changes to your product listings.
Read Also: Amazon Prime Business Price
Add One Product At A Time
Add a Product is an interactive web-based interface used to list a small number of products, one at a time. This tool is available within theInventory drop-down menu of your seller account. The Add a Product tool can be used to:
- Match to an existing product listing: If you have a product you want to sell which already exists on Amazon, you must match to the existing product detail page.
- Create a new product listing: If the product you want to sell does not exist on Amazon, you can list a new product and Amazon will create a new product detail page.
How To Get Reviews From Top Amazon Reviewers
Snagging an assessment from one of these prize reviewers can mean big things for your Amazon seller account. These guys are the big mouth Billy basses of the Amazon world, and were going to show you how to reel them in.
Some of these Amazon reviewers make a living doing this its serious business, and some may do as many as 100 reviews a month. Be prepared to offer your product for free in exchange for a review depending on your product, this could be a pricey expenditure, so youll have to decide if this is a strategy you can afford.
1. Find the top reviewers. First well scour the Youll see the page is divided into Top Reviewer Rankings and Hall of Fame Reviewers. Hall of Fame holds the long-time legacy reviewers, while the Top Review Rankings shows the best Amazon contributors at the current moment. Hall of Fame shows the reviewers title badges and accolades, although you can get this same info mousing over names in the Top Reviewers section.
2. Search for relevant tags. Mousing over names in either section will bring up the reviewers most used tags. Your goal will be to find top reviewers who have used tags related to product or industry in the past, making them a perfect target.
3. Keep track of contacts. Next youll want to compile a contact list. Prepare to be excel-ent as youll want to keep all this info in a neat and tidy spreadsheet.
Rainbow Brite knows all about star power
You May Like: How To Listen To Amazon Music
Improve Your Customer Service And Satisfaction
- Respond to customers in a professional manner ASAP
- Respond to negative reviews and keep it professional as well
- Keep tabs on all your key feedback metrics
- Improve the order fulfillment flow
Use Retail Arbitrage To Source Amazon Products
In retail arbitrage, you purchase deeply discounted retail products and resell them on Amazon. It sounds simple, but doing it rightmeaning profitablytakes some work. Retail arbitrage sellers are absolute pros when it comes to hunting up discounted and clearance deals in local stores and matching them with hot sellers on Amazon.
The secret is knowing whats selling well on Amazon on any given day, and for how much. You also need to clearly understand your cost of selling that item on Amazon. Amazon seller fees run about 15% of your selling price, and shipping orders can take a big bite out of your profits if youre not careful.
Luckily, there are tools to help you spot profitable bargains. Amazon pricing apps are the retail arbitrage sellers secret weapon. These are smartphone apps that let you scan item UPC codes and match them to current listings for that product on Amazon.
These apps deliver a wealth of information to help you price your products including the average selling price and buyer demand, your shipping or Fulfillment by Amazon costs, and your potential profit.
Using this information, you can decide if you should buy a product and how much inventory to stock based on the current demand and your profit potential.
You can also see detailed storage and shipping costs if using FBA for fulfillment. The FBA fulfillment option has its own costsbut managed right, it can be far cheaper and less time-consuming than handling fulfillment yourself.
Recommended Reading: View Amazon Delivery On Map
Bing Ads For Amazon Traffic
Another advertising platform thats had a rebrand and rename is Bing Ads, now called Microsoft Advertising.
With many of the same options as Google Ads, youve got many of the same opportunities. Microsoft Ads however also have the added benefit of being under-utilised, so they can be more cost effective.
Options you have are:
- Like Google Ads, Microsoft Ads are scalable extremely scalable
- Microsoft Ads, although on a smaller network, still have extensive reach
- Although there isnt supporting comparison data on the RoAS of Bing Ads vs Facebook, or Amazon Ads, its generally accepted that CPC rates are lower with Microsoft Ads vs Google Ads.
- Can be tested and optimised over time, especially using retargeting campaigns and Display Ads
- Traffic from day 1
- Traffic isnt evergreen stop paying, traffic stops flowing
- Its another PPC platform that needs operation and maintenance, and it has its own set of nuances
- You may need to test multiple forms of Microsoft Ads as well as multiple campaign types to refine and optimise to achieve a 4.0 X RoAS as with Google Ads
- Even At 25% ACoS, and the time investment in setting up and managing the Ads could have challenging profitability
- Retargeting is limited when the purchase takes place on Amazon, therefore full optimisation of these ads with retargeting has its limits
Verdict: Using Microsoft Ads To Boost Product Sales On Amazon
COST SCORE = 8 / 10
Backend Search Can Be Optimized With Long
Although it will take some time and effort to research the most effective long-tail keywords, adding these to the backend of your product listing is well worth it. You can enter up to 1,000 characters in your backend search, so make use of them to add in relevant things customers will be searching for that you couldnt properly fit into your listing. Spelling mistakes in your keywords can be costly, as your customers will be searching for one thing and you may have typed another. Make sure you check everything youre sending out.
Recommended Reading: How To Unlink Amazon Prime From Twitch