Can I Chat With Amazon Customer Service On Social Media
Many multinational companies have a quick response to customers via social media sites. This is especially true for Amazon. The customer service representatives can be reached through various social media platforms, such as @Amazonhelp on Twitter, or via direct messages to their Amazon and pages.
It is evident from the Amazon support chats for customers on Twitter indicate that on the social media platform, users receive prompt responses. Therefore, if youre not sure which number to dial Amazon or email them, you can tweet or directly message Amazon customer service reps on their page. If the problem involves giving your details, it is advised to directly contact the Amazon Help Twitter page to keep your information from being exposed to fraudsters.
In the case of Facebook the Facebook page, its unclear if Amazon customer support responds quickly because you can only send them a direct message. Another option to contact the Amazon support team is to email them. The main Amazon customer service email address is
Based on certain posted on PissedConsumer, users have reported that they did not receive any response to their inquiry. For example, one of the most frequently asked Amazon questions asks, which is the best Amazon email address to write to? One reviewer said they received a quick reply when they wrote to Amazon through email at the mail address.
Best Practices For Calling Amazon Customer Service
While it is possible for customers to call Amazon customer service directly, the company prefers it if you begin your query through its online system.
- After visiting the “Contact Us” page, you can request a callback. You’ll be taken to another page in which you will be asked a series of questions regarding your concern. From there, an Amazon representative will call you to address your issue.
- If you do decide to call Amazon directly, be aware that Amazon will send you a verification text to which you must respond before you can talk to a representative.
- Make sure you have details about your concern in front of you before calling. If you are calling about an order, have the order number handy, along with a list of the products in that order.
- Be prepared to take notes during the call. These can be helpful if you need to escalate your case.
Explain Your Problem And Choose A Method To Send Your Issue Report
The next screen lets you specify information that will give the customer service team a quick overview of your problem so that they can help you solve it faster. You dont have to fill in all of the information here, but the more you do, the better customer service can help you.
First up is the What Can We Help You With? section. Click the buttons here to explain the type of product or service that you need help with: an order, one of Amazons unique products, downloadable digital content, or something else. Note that depending on which one you choose, you may get different sub-options. For example, if your problem is with An Order I Placed , you can search for and select the specific order that youre having a problem with.
Next is Tell Us More about Your Issue. You can click the drop-down menus here to select details about exactly what kind of problem youre having with the product or service youve selected. Again, based on what you chose in the above section, you will have different sub-options. For example, you may specify that the problem with your order is with the item itself, the sub-problem being that the item or some of its parts were missing, and the further sub-problem being that the entire item was missing from the package.
Don’t Miss: Can U Buy Food On Amazon With Ebt
How To Email Amazon Customer Service
If you prefer to contact Amazon by email, there are two addresses to which you can send mail. But I’ve found that the response time is often 48 hours or even a bit more. That said, an email creates a record of your correspondence and thus might be the best method for some issues.
For issues with your account, you should email .
Cancel My Prime Video Subscription
Cancel your subscription online.
If your subscription was created through a third-party, such as a mobile service provider, contact them for further assistance.
- Go to Account & Settings, then select the Your Account tab.
- For a Prime Video-only subscription, select End Subscription. Prime Video is also included with an Amazon Prime membership – to cancel an Amazon Prime membership, under Prime Membership, select Edit on Amazon.
Any additional subscriptions tied to your Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership do not renew once your Amazon Prime membership ends.
Read Also: Can I Use Amazon Gift Cards At Whole Foods
Information Supplied By You
By posting information or content to any public area of the Site, You agree and acknowledge that you can be offered to share Your personal experience and/or opinions with Us while being recorded. You also agree and acknowledge that by accepting such an offer You agree with and consent to the provisions of the Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement.
Where Are Amazon Customer Support Representatives Located
Amazon employees are working tirelessly across the world to provide the best customer service possible.
Here are a few of the main cities where support representatives are based:
- Hyderabad, India
As you can see, representatives work in both the United States and internationally.
This allows them to serve customers 24/7 across all time zones.
Recommended Reading: How To Use An Amazon Locker
How To Call Amazon Customer Service
‘s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331, and that number is live 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
But calling Amazon often comes with a wait, and it also requires you to have on hand a mobile phone that is paired with your Amazon account, as the customer service representative will send you a verification code via text message before you can start asking your questions or sharing an issue.
If calling seems like a hassle, however even with the potential ease of voice-commanding a call on an there are other ways to contact the company.
Pissed Consumer Terms & Conditions
www.PissedConsumer.com is an online forum created to help keep consumers informed.
We are located in Las Vegas, NV. Mailing address is:
This Terms of Service govern the information posters use of the Site and form a binding legal agreement between You and Us. Through the use of this Agreement, We are placing legal conditions on Your use of the Site and its services , and making certain promises to You. Please read the Agreement carefully prior to using the Site and/or the Services.
You are solely responsible for the content or information, including, without limitation, the title and body of the post, You publish or display anywhere on the Site. By submitting the post or using the Site or the Services in any other manner, You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement . You must agree to all of the Terms in this Agreement. If you do not agree to the Terms, You are not permitted to use the Site and the Services. If You do not understand all of the terms in this Agreement, then You may wish to consult with an attorney before using the Services.
We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your registration with the Site and remove Your posts, without notice, upon any breach of this Agreement by You which is brought to Our attention.
Don’t Miss: Amazon Prime Membership And Audible
How Do People Feel About Their Calls To Amazon Customer Support
Amazon generally has a good reputation for providing quality customer service, though some people feel that service levels have become uneven in recent years. Agents usually work to identify problems, correct them and, when appropriate, provide some kind of compensation, usually in the form of a product credit.
Tip: Amazon typically sends out a request for a review of customer service calls and chats soon after a session ends. If you indicate your dissatisfaction, Amazon may reassign your case to a higher-tier representative.
How To Contact A Seller On Amazon
To contact a specific seller on Amazon, go to or open the Amazon mobile app. Then go to the page with the item from the seller. Next, click the sellers name, which is below the Buy Now button. Finally, click Ask a Question on the next page to start a chat with the seller.
Once you start a chat with a seller, you can find a chat log and respond to messages on the Buyer-Seller Messages page. However, you cannot start a new conversation here.
To navigate to this page on a desktop browser, click Your Account and List in the top-right corner of the window and then click Your Messages.
If you are using a mobile phone, you can get to the Buyer-Seller messages by going to amazon.com on a web browser and clicking the profile icon next to your name in the top-right corner of your screen. Then tap the See All box next to Your Account.
Then scroll down and select Your Messages in the Message center section. Finally, tap Buyer/Seller Messages, and you will see all the messages that you sent or received from the Amazon seller.
If you also have problems with your Apple devices, check out our guide on how to contact Apple customer support.
HelloTech editors choose the products and services we write about. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
Read Also: Ebooks On Amazon Prime
How To Contact Amazon Customer Service Via Chat
To chat with Amazon customer service, go to and click Start chatting now. Then type a question into the text box at the bottom of the pop-up chat window and click Send or hit Enter on your keyboard.
You can also access the contact page by scrolling to the bottom of any page on Amazon and selecting Help under the Let Us Help You column.
Then scroll down and click Need More Help? under the Browse Help Topics column and select Contact Us.
What Can I Do If I Am Unhappy With My Call To Amazon
If your call to Amazon does not go well, don’t give up. You may be able to achieve a resolution that works for you.
- Check your email after your call: You may find an email from Amazon asking you about your customer service experience. Indicating your displeasure will often trigger a response from Amazon and an automatic escalation of your case.
- If you didn’t take notes during your call, jot down what you remember. These details can be useful when re-contacting Amazon.
- Try contacting Amazon via live chat. You may find it easier to communicate in writing. You’ll be offered the opportunity save a copy of the chat. Do this: The record will be useful as you try to work out your problem with Amazon.
Read Also: Reset Amazon Kindle Password
Using The Contact Us Page
This is the official customer support page of Amazon, which contains options for contacting them about a variety of issues. If you dont have access to your account, try resetting the password with your email address.
Be Patient And Courteous With The Customer Service Representatives
We know its hard to stay calm when somethings not right, but remember that the customer service department isnt the source of your problem its the shipping division, the courier service, or the third-party seller . Staying connected and not losing your temper is the only way youre going to help the customer service representative make things right.
Recommended Reading: Audible Vs Amazon Prime
How To Contact Amazon Via Chat
Often an online chat with an Amazon customer service rep is an easier way to get in contact with Amazon and to resolve an issue. Here’s how to do it.
1. While logged in and on the main page, scroll to the bottom of the page and, under the column labeled “Let Us Help You,” click on “Help” .
2. On the next page, under the heading “Browse Help Topics,” hover over “Need More Help?”
3. Click “Contact Us” from the menu that appears to the right.
4. The next page should look like the image above and have a large “Start chatting now” button.
What Can’t Be Resolved By Phone With Amazon
While most issues can be resolved by phone with Amazon, there are some situations that may require a different approach:
- An Amazon phone representative can approve a return and send you a paid shipping label that you can use to return a product. You will still, however, have to package the item and either arrange for a pickup or bring it to a depot or business that will ship it back to Amazon. In some areas, Amazon partners with other retail stores that can accept your return package.
- In some instances, Amazon may have difficulty delivering a package directly to your home. The most common reason for this is that you and your family are away during the day and cannot sign for packages. If this is the case, you may be able to arrange to have your package delivered to an Amazon locker at a local business.
- Amazon uses some third-party shippers to deliver packages. If your package seems to be in limbo, Amazon can attempt to intervene but does not have the same kind of control over the situation than it does over its own contracted delivery persons.
- Third-party sellers use the Amazon platform to sell products to consumers. If you made a purchase through a third-party seller, you may experience delays as Amazon customer service will urge you to work things out with the merchant, only intervening after a specific amount of time has passed.
Recommended Reading: Hallmark Channel On Amazon
How Do I Chat With Amazon Customer Service On Mobile
To speak to Amazon customer service via the app for mobile, simply tap the three-line icon located in the bottom-right corner of your screen. You can navigate there to Customer Services > Need help for something else, then Other > Im looking for more help. Then, enter the chatbox located at the lower right of your screen, and then tap to send.
- Start the Amazon mobile application. If you dont have the app installed, it is available in the Apple App Store and the .
- Tap 3 lines icon. It is located on the lower-right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and then tap the Customer Services tab. This will be near the end of the screen.
- Scroll down, and click to get assistance with another issue. It is located at the end of the screen.
- Then, tap something Else. Youll have to scroll down to the end of the page.
- Then click I need more help.
- Then, input your question in the chatbox. When you are completed, click Send at the bottom-right right-hand corner.
How Can I Get Help From Amazon
The easiest way to get help with an Amazon order or account is to its Customer Service page. Amazon has a very user-friendly interface that allows for the majority of questions to be answered with just a few clicks . If you need help tracking down an order that hasn’t arrived, starting a refund, reloading a gift card, managing details on your account, or troubleshooting devices, the Amazon Help site has endless pages dedicated to intuitive troubleshooting.
Recommended Reading: How To Download Prime Photos
How To Chat With Amazon Customer Service On Mobile
To chat with Amazon customer service on the mobile app, tap the three-line icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen and go to Customer Service> Get help with something else > Something else> I need more help. Finally, type in the chat box at the bottom of your screen and tap Send.
Note: From here, you can select any of your previous orders to get answers to common questions. But none of the options on this page or the next pages will allow you to contact Amazon customer service.