How Do I Get Prime Video
First things first, lets get the basics out of the way. Prime Video is available for free with an Amazon Prime subscription. This buys you extra perks as well, which will come in handy if youre a frequent Amazon shopper. The list includes free 2-day shipping and free same-day or 1-day delivery in select cities, so you can save big on shipping fees while also enjoying extra services for no additional costs.
Besides access to Prime Video, an Amazon Prime subscription also offers free music, reading, games and access to exclusive deals. In Canada, Amazon Prime costs $7.99/month or $79/year, with a 30-day free trial available to new users. This is the price youll pay before adding any additional channels into the mix.
Even without those, however, Prime Video offers a generous library of TV shows and movies, with highlights like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, The Underground Railroad and more.
How Do You Know Whether You Can Receive The Smithsonian Channel On Directv
Controversial Smithsonian HD Channel is a cable television channel owned by Smithsonian Institution. It is directed at DirecTV. The Smithsonian Channel will be available on DirecTV starting this week . The high-definition channel will be included in the satellite providers HD Xtra Pack, which stands for High-Definition Extra Pack. According to DirecTV, the company now has around 16.3 million customer homes.
What Is Smithsonian Channel
- Smithsonian Channel is an American TV channel operated by Viacom CBS.
- it essentially provides content that Smithsonian Institutions inspire.
- Smithsonian Institutions like magazines, research facilities, museums, and many more.
- In addition, it has historical as well as scientific and cultural shows too.
- More than forty million US households are subscribed to Smithsonian Channel on their home.
- It launched Smithsonian Channel on September 26th in 2007.
- The Smithsonian Institution was founded in 1846 through An Act of Congress as an establishment for increasing and diffusion of knowledge.
- Smithsonian Institution consists of 19 museums and is also home to the National Zoo.
- There are more than 150 museums affiliated with the institution across the 39 US states of Panama and Puerto Rico and traveling exhibits across America that visit more than 100 museums each year.
- Smithsonian is home to 700 top scientists on staff, as well as nine research centers across the world, and more than 130 million objects including Dorothys slippers, to The Lunar Orbiter.
Recommended Reading: How To Add Your Ebt Card To Amazon
How To Install Smithsonian Channel On Firestick / Fire Tv
Smithsonian Channel is an American pay television channel owned by ViacomCBS. It is the best option for those who want to look into intellectual content covering science, nature, culture, documentaries, history, spacecraft, aircraft, and more. Mostly, Smithsonian Channel offers videos by the Smithsonian Institutions museums, research facilities, and magazines. Further, it is also available as a video-on-demand service, depending on the service provider. You can access the Smithsonian Channel streaming app on all the streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and smartphones. If you want to stream Smithsonian Channel on Firestick, get into this guide to know the procedure.
Smithsonian Channel On Firestick
From your Amazon Firestick home screen, click on the Find option.
Click on the Search tile on the next screen.
On the search screen, type Smithsonian Channel.
Select the app with the following icon from the search results.
Now click on the or Get button on the app info screen.
Once the Smithsonian app gets installed on your streaming device, select Open to launch the app.
Select the TV service provider or stream via Paramount Plus on Firestick.
Choose your service provider on the next screen. You can log in with your pay-TV service provider to stream the contents.
Recommended Reading: How To Delete Apps On Amazon Fire Stick
Sctv/activate How To Smithsonian Channel Activate On Apple Tv
Apple TV users need to install the Smithsonian Channel app from the app store and then activate it with an sc.tv activation code. This is the complete procedure:
- Set up your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Then, visit The App Store from the home screen.
- Choose your preferred app on the suggestions list.
- Once the app has been installed, you can launch it.
- Log in using your login credentials to receive your access code on your TV screen.
- Copy the code, then go to SC.TV/Activate Apple TV hyperlink utilizing any browser.
- Submit the activation number in the field below.
It will refresh the app, and the content from Smithsonian Channel will be available to you if you perfectly adhere to the steps above.
Is The Smithsonian Channel Free
To receive access to most Smithsonian Channel episodes and its live broadcast, a charge is required. You could just pay $4.99/mo for access to Smithsonian Channel programming through Paramount+. Meanwhile, if you are set on free content, your best option is most likely its official YouTube channel. If you want the live channel, your cheapest option is FuboTV for $69.99/mo.
Also Check: What Collection Agency Does Amazon Use
Sctv/activate: How To Activate Smithsonian Channel In Roku
You can activate Smithsonian Channel from your Roku device:
- Be sure that your Roku device has an active internet connection.
- Visit the Roku Home screen and navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Go to the streaming channels option under the Roku Channel Store.
- Select the Search Channel option.
- You can type inSmithsonian Channelin the search field using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select your Smithsonian Channel app from the results of your search.
- Choose the Option Add Channel option at the bottom of this screen.
- After installation, visit the main page, then click on the Channel button.
- Locate your Smithsonian Channel app on the list and then launch it.
- Sign in with the sign-in feature soon to receive the activation code on the TV screen.
- Note it down and open any other browser you want on another device.
- Visit this link:sc.tv/activate Roku page to begin the activation process.
- You will be required to enter the activation code in the appropriate field, then click the activate button.
Sctv/activate Smithsonian Channel : How To Activate Smithsonian Channel In Roku
Smithsonian Channel is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of ViacomCBS with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian Institution. We create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as: air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture.
The Smithsonian Institution was founded in 1846 by an Act of Congress as an establishment for the increase and diffusion of knowledge. Smithsonian Institution consists of 19 Museums and the National Zoo. There are over 150 affiliated museums in 39 states, Panama and Puerto Rico, and traveling exhibitions throughout America that visit over 100 museums every year. Smithsonian has 700 world-class scientists on staff and nine research centers around the globe and over 136 million artifacts from Dorothys ruby slippers to the Lunar Orbiter.
Recommended Reading: How People Make Money On Amazon
Where Can I Find A Place To Watch Online
The main players are listed here. Crackle is a Sony streaming service. Sony Crackle, formerly known as Crackle, now offers a diverse selection of films and television series from Sony Pictures Entertainment, at least for the time being. IMDb TV . The Amazon-owned IMDb TV service is a new addition to this list . Vudu and Hoopla are two terms that come to mind. You may watch videos on YouTube or Vimeo. The Roku Channel is a streaming video service. Pluto TV is a satellite television service.
Free Online Or In App:
- Watch select free full episodes and clips online at www.smithsonianchannel.com or in the Smithsonian Channel app, which is free to download on your Apple, Amazon, Roku, or Android device.
- Suppose you subscribe to Smithsonian Channel through your TV provider.
- In that case, you can use the credentials of your TV provider account to gain access to all our shows on devices that are compatible with it.
Don’t Miss: How To Send Amazon Gift Card Via Email
Other Ways To Watch Smithsonian Channel
The live TV streaming services offer the only ways to live stream Smithsonian Channel. But there are other ways to what Smithsonian Channel content:
- Paramount+: A significant amount of Smithsonian Channel programming may be streamed through this for $4.99/mo. This also includes content from other CBS channels as well as the full Star Trek catalog and UEFA Champions League matches. See our Paramount+ review.
- Smithsonian Channel App: Provides numerous videos related to this network, shorter ones generally being available to all and longer ones usually necessitating logging in with your TV provider. However, do note that a relatively small selection of full episodes is available for viewing here as well. You can do the same at SmithsonianChannel.com.
- YouTube: One option for viewing Smithsonian Channel content for free is by visiting the networks official YouTube channel. Many videos, usually shorter ones, are available there.
- Purchase: Another alternative, which works best if you are simply looking for a specific show or a small selection of shows, is to buy access to episodes, which can be done through online platforms such as iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and .
Watching Smithsonian Channel On Tvs And Other Devices
All major live TV streaming services support most of the popular devices today.
Other than DIRECTV STREAM, all the services weve discussed work on smart TVs based on Android TV as well as LG, Samsung, and VIZIO models. They all support Chromecast devices. They allow you to cast video from your phone or browser to your TV. This is an easy and popular way to watch.
All the services support the popular stick devices Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. The same goes for mobile devices based on iOS and Android.
As for gaming consoles, All but DIRECTV STREAM support the Xbox One. Hulu and YouTube support the PlayStation. And Hulu also supports Nintendo Switch.
Check our streaming reviews for complete lists of supported devices because weve only listed the most popular.
Read Also: What Age Does Amazon Hire At
Other Ways To Watch Smithsonian Channel Online
fuboTV – You can also find Smithsonian on the fuboTV platform, right in the main bundle. Talking of which, there is a single bundle of channels here, but you can add even more content by picking any from the available channel packs and premium networks. Start your free trial on fuboTV now! On fuboTV, you will find tons of sports networks because the platform itself was originally created for sports fans, but it has since expanded into a service that suits all families.
YouTube TV – We also have YouTube TV on the list, and this service is pretty awesome because it only has one bundle of channels and some cool perks. There are no channel packs, but there are a few premium networks and other services you can add to your subscription. The best part about YouTube TV, however, is the fact that all subscribers can enjoy unlimited cloud DVR storage space and up to three simultaneous streams.
What Happened To The Smithsonian Channel
Though Smithsonian Channel Plus has been discontinued, you can still stream Air Disasters, Aerial America, Secrets, and hundreds of other Smithsonian Channel hit series on Paramount+! In addition to live news and sports, and thousands of episodes from CBS, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, MTV and more.
Which streaming service has Smithsonian Channel?
HuluWatch Smithsonian Channel Network Online | Hulu
You May Like: How Do I Log Out Of Amazon App
Who Has Best Streaming Service
The best streaming services now Netflix. Disney Plus. Hulu. Sling TV. Amazon Prime Video. The best streaming service youre already paying for. Peacock. The best streaming service with a free tier. Fubo TV. The best streaming service for sports afficionados. Crackle. One of the best free streaming services.
What Is The Smithsonian Channel
Smithsonian Channel is an American TV channel operated by Viacom CBS. It essentially provides content that Smithsonian Institutions inspire. Smithsonian Institutions like magazines, research facilities, museums, and many more. In addition, it has historical as well as scientific and cultural shows too.
More than forty million US households are subscribed to Smithsonian Channel on their home. It launched the Smithsonian Channel on September 26th in 2007. The Smithsonian Institution was founded in 1846 through An Act of Congress as an establishment for increasing and diffusion of knowledge.
The Smithsonian Institution consists of 19 museums and is also home to the National Zoo. There are more than 150 museums affiliated with the institution across the 39 US states of Panama and Puerto Rico and traveling exhibits across America that visit more than 100 museums each year.
Smithsonian is home to 700 top scientists on staff, as well as nine research centers across the world, and more than 130 million objects including Dorothys slippers, to The Lunar Orbiter.
Read Also: Can You Use Apple Pay On Amazon
How To Watch The Smithsonian Channel Live Without Cable In 2022
From shows about combat ships to a series about warrior womenthe Smithsonian Channel has everything you want to know. As they say on their website, its where curiosity lives. If you want to explore history, science, nature, aviation, space, and pop culture, its the channel youll need.
Weve all turned it on while doing chores or decompressing after work. After all, informative entertainment is one of the joys of cable TV. Networks like Discovery, Nat Geo, the History Channel, and of course, the Smithsonian Channel are some of the most popular edutainment networks available.
And fortunately, these days, streaming gives us both a wireless and affordable method of catching the Smithsonian Channel.
With the benefits of streaming, you can catch your favorite Smithsonian Channel documentaries on the go. On top of that, some platforms have robust DVR services, allowing you to save your favorite content so you can watch them at your leisure.
Heres our list of the best streaming platforms that feature the Smithsonian Channel.
Is The Smithsonian Channel Available With Amazon Prime
Using your Amazon Prime membership, you can subscribe to the Smithsonian Channel Plus through Prime Video Channels, which can be accessed on a wide range of devices, including televisions and Blu-ray players as well as the Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, as well as computers and mobile devices running Android and iOS.
You May Like: Does Amazon Ship To The Philippines
Sctv/activate Complete Guide For Apple Tv Users
- Apple TV users need to install the Smithsonian Channel app from the app store, and then activate it with an sc.tv activate keycode. Heres the entire procedure:
- Youll have to visitApp Store or App Store from your Apple TVs home screen.
Utilizing the virtual keyboard, look up Smithsonian Channel.
For installation, simply select the channel from the results and then clickGet or click the Get button.
Go back to your homescreen and launch the channel once the installation has been completed.
You will receive an activation key after you open the application. Note down the code. Alternately, you may leave the screen open throughout the activation procedure.
Start a new browser on another device, and then go to sc.tv/activate.
Make sure to enter the code in the box provided.
Choose Activate after inserting the code correctly.
Choose your cable providers name, and then log in with your login credentials.
Your app will update and the content of Smithsonian Channel will be accessible to you when you follow the steps guidelines above.
SC.TV/ACTIVATE ACTIVATE SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL ON AMAZON FIRE TV
Amazon Fire TV is one of the devices compatible with The Smithsonian Channel app. You must activate the app via the sc.tv/activate page in order to access the content available on Fire TV. This is the complete activation procedure:
To start To begin, simply turn off the Amazon Fire TV and go to the Amazon App Store.
ACTIVATE SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL ON ANDROID TV
Smithsonian Channel Appthe Smithsonian Channel App: Smithsonian Channel/activate
This is available to download from the App Store:
- On your smartphone, install this Smithsonian Channel app and watch complete episodes as well as thousands of small snippets of content for no cost.
- WEB and APPLE , ANDROID , AMAZON and the Fire tablet), ROKU TV, and many more Roku Streaming Devices can be just a few sources where you can download the app for the channel.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Get My Amazon Prime Password
How Can I Watch Full Episodes Of The Smithsonian Channel
FREE ONLINE OR IN THE APP: Watch select free full episodes and clips online at www.smithsonianchannel.com or in the Smithsonian Channel app, which is free to download on your Apple, Amazon, Roku or Android device.
Can you get the Smithsonian Channel on Apple TV?
Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad users can stream programming within the Smithsonian Channel app through participating TV providers. Open the Smithsonian Channel app, select SIGN IN, then chose SELECT TV PROVIDER.
I Subscribed To Smithsonian Channel Plus On Amazon Prime Video How Can I Subscribe To Paramount+
You May Like: How To Get In Contact With Amazon Prime
How To Install Smithsonian Channel On Firestick
Smithsonian is a pay-TV channel that offers thousands of documentaries under various categories. It includes history, science, nature, aviation, culture, space, and pop culture. Also, it features a wide variety of non-fiction programming. In addition, the channel is also available as Video On Demand service based on the service provider you choose to stream. It mainly concentrates on the infotainment contents. You can watch the channel on various devices, including streaming devices. So, you can stream Smithsonian Channel on Firestick. With this, you can watch original series, documentaries, full episodes, clips from programs, etc. In addition to entertainment programs, it also features educational content.
You can get the Smithsonian Channel app from the Firestick App Store and log in with your pay-TV service provider to stream the contents. It is a TV Everywhere app, so you must log in with the pay-TV service providers. Or you can watch the contents without cable with streaming service providers like AT& T TV, Fubo TV, Hulu, YouTube TV.