How To List Used Items For Sale On Amazon
This process is pretty much the exact same thing as listing a new item for sale. The only difference is that you need to make sure you enter in the correct product condition.
I will show you a real-life example using a product from the tool category. Keep in mind that when listing a used product on Amazon, you probably wont be creating an entirely new listing for it rather, youll add your offer under an existing product listing in a used condition. You cannot create a listing for your used product if the same product is already being sold on Amazon even if the existing listing only offers the item in new condition.
For this example, I am going to list a used cordless drill.
As you can see, the top offer is in New condition, which is also the offer that is currently in the Buy Box.
Below that, you will see multiple Used offers customers can choose from. You will also see condition notes that explain any imperfections or issues with the product.
In Seller Central, Ill go to Manage Inventory, then Add a product.
In Add a product Ill paste the ASIN of the cordless drill above.
Once I search for the products ASIN, it will appear on the next page with the option to set the products overall condition new or used. Ive selected Used.
Next, Im going to click on Sell this product.
On the Offer page, Ill enter the information about the item Im selling, such as price, condition, and fulfillment method.
Learn How Selling On Amazon Works
Youll pay fees to sell on Amazon. Amazon now hides its individual selling plan, which allows you to pay a $0.99/item fee. This is the option you want if youre not ready to commit to a monthly subscription fee.
The professional seller account is $39.99/month and does not charge per-item fees. If youre serious about learning how to sell on Amazon, youll likely make more than $39.99 a month selling products there, so its worth the investment.
I can recommend 3 simple steps to get started selling on Amazon:1. Thoroughly check all , including the Seller Code of Conduct and other general policies, Product and Listing Requirements, Shipping and Tax Policies, as well as the Product Page Style Guide.
2. Join Facebook groups for Amazon Sellers there you will find a great source of inspiration, best practices and support. Here are some of them I can strongly recommend: , FBA Ninjas!, , .
3. Use software to help you automate the process of starting, maintaining and optimizing your Amazon listings. The Orange Klik YouTube channel contains short demos of the relevant tools on the market. You can also check out Sellzone.And my final advice to those thinking about starting an Amazon business dont be afraid, and give it a try! Recently, I interviewed a 70-year-old woman successfully running an Amazon business, her story is incredible and very inspiring. Just being brave, you can make your dream come true!
Successful Amazon seller Karen Cook says,
Is Amazon Handmade Any Different From Etsy
A lot of handmade sellers ask me about Amazon Handmade vs. Etsy. I know that Etsy isnt perfect, but I think at least its a better match for the majority of makers out there.
Etsy is still a big company, and its more lenient with what is sold now vs. how it used to be. That said, they still present themselves as a platform for handmade products, and the branding and the marketing that they do as a platform is aimed at attracting people who are interested in buying handmade and supporting small shopsso they are at least attracting a customer base that is a better fit.
Yes sellers on Etsy often complain of paying for listing items and fees being high but theyre still significantly lower than the 15% Amazon takes.
They also have a bunch of resources to support sellers and help them with marketing and setup, which Amazon is still missing. So Etsy isnt perfect but if you are going to sell on an online marketplace, in my opinion, they are a better match.
You May Like: How Much Does Amazon Food Delivery Cost
Billing And Deposit Information
This is where youll pay for your Professional Seller plan. Youll also include your bank information. Depending on your bank, you may have instant verification. Suppose your bank account isnt eligible for instant verification. In that case, youll be asked to upload a bank statement later in the process but will be able to move forward with the registration process.
If youre a sole proprietor, youll use your social security number here. If youre a business entity like a partnership, LLC, or corporation, youll enter your employer identification number here.
Create An Amazon Seller Account
Youll need a chargeable credit card, your bank account information, and tax identification information to get started. Its a good idea to keep your business and personal email separate. If you dont already have a separate email for business, create one with the service of your choice before signing up for your Amazon Seller account.
Visit . You can log in to your existing Amazon account or create a new one. Many create an Amazon account thats separate from their personal account.
Fill out the required information and submit it. Amazon will guide you through the sign-up process.
If you dont want to use the professional selling plan, scroll down until you see:
Don’t Miss: How To Hook Up Amazon Echo Dot
Where To Sell Handmade Crafts Online: Based On Your Target Market
You can also try different online marketplaces based on the type of customer they attract .
12. CARGOH is a curated marketplace so the products featured are a little more selective and may attract a different type of shopper whos looking for higher-end products and doesnt want to search through thousands of jewelry listings to find the right pair of earrings.
13. BONANZA is sort of a mix of Etsy, Ebay and Amazon so it attracts a customer whos interested in more than just handmade. They share customer insights, unlike Etsy, so it may be easier for you to build your business through repeat customers.
14. UNCOMMON GOODS is not like Etsy where anyone can sign up and start listing handmade goods but rather a site you can submit your products to, theyll review them and if theyre a fit, theyll carry them in their online marketplace. They attract a target market looking for really unique and obviously, uncommon products.
15. REBELS MARKET this is a marketplace to list edgy alternative designs. Think: goth, steampunk, heavy metal, etc. If those are words youd use to describe your products, consider listing them on this marketplace.
Knowing your target market and choosing the right target market is more important than what you sell or where you sell it.
If you choose a target market that is obsessed with something and then create a product and build a business that appeals to that obsession, customers will find you.
Creating A Professional Seller Account
In order to sell on Amazon Handmade, you have to sign up for a Professional selling account .
As already mentioned the Professional seller account comes with a monthly fee which is waived for Amazon Handmade sellers.
If you are charged the fee due to a glitch in Amazons system you can contact the Amazon Handmade support through Seller Central and they will reimburse you.
The process for registering for a Professional seller account involves a few more steps than the Amazon Handmade application.
Amazon has a strict verification process in order to prevent bad actors from selling on the platform and its important that you upload all the required documentation exactly as Amazon requests.
The documents youll need
Before you sign up you need to make sure you have all the correct documentation ready.
TIP: To make your life easier, I have created a checklist which you can follow to make sure you dont miss anything. You can .
You will definitely need the following information during registration:
- National ID such as a drivers license or passport
- Tax ID
- Business email address
- Bank account
Amazon may ask you for more information after you apply such as a bank statement, utility bill or certificate of business incorporation so its worth getting those ready too.
Amazon is always tinkering with the sign-up process so dont be alarmed if you find that Amazon requires extra information or you get away without providing some of the information on this list.
Also Check: How Much Does Amazon Ppc Cost
What Can I Sell On Amazon Handmade
Amazon accepts 3 different types of handmade products:
Amazon Handmade doesnt allow drop-shipping or reselling of products by third parties so all the products you sell on Amazon Handmade must be made by you or your team.
Amazon Handmade currently has 12 categories which you can sell your products in:
- Handmade Baby
- Handmade Stationery & Party Supplies
- Handmade Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
At this time it is not possible to sell digital or downloadable products, grocery or food items and electronics. You can sell artwork but the final product which goes to the customer must be a physical print.
Each of these categories has smaller subcategories and this is where it can get confusing. Some products can fit in multiple categories and its not always immediately obvious which category to choose.
For example, if youre selling candles then surely it could go within both the subcategories candles & candle holders and Home fragrance?
If youre unsure, the best thing to do is to look up similar products selling on Amazon Handmade and check what category they are listed in. You can find this information under Product Information towards the bottom of the listing.
Sell Products With Amazon Fba
FBA stands for fulfillment by Amazon. FBA is beneficial to sellers because it puts the force of Amazons distribution network behind your products. To sell with FBA, there are a few steps you need to take:
If you can buy products for a lower price and mark them up, you can make money with Amazon FBA.
Also Check: How To Jailbreak Your Amazon Fire Stick
How To Sell Crafts Online Legally
Although there isnt a gatekeeping online, checking to ensure you have all the right business licenses and permits and arent infringing on another businesss intellectual property, you are still responsible for dotting all your legal is and crossing all your legal ts.
Selling online can be a little more complicated when it comes to following laws because you not only have to follow local laws but you may also have a different set of laws to follow based on where youre shipping your products to. LAWS FOR SELLING HANDMADE will help you gain a better understanding.
Dont Forget To Advertise
Yes, Amazon receives a ton of traffic every day and your products are sure to garner some interest. That doesnt mean you can neglect advertising. Promoting your products will net you the best return on investment. To that end, Amazon offers sellers three types of advertising campaigns:
- Sponsored Products With this campaign, your products show up below the search results and are targeted based on broad keywords.
- Headline Search With this type of campaign, your ads are placed above the search results and can lead to any page on Amazon Handmade.
- Product Display Ads These ads are placed where you want them and are not based on keywords.
You May Like: What Are The Best Products To Sell On Amazon
Apply To Sell On Amazon Handmade
When you want to sell on Amazon Handmade, you cant just sign up right awayeven if you already have a seller account in the Amazon Marketplace. To ensure the quality of all Handmade items, Amazon requires you to go through a short and simple application process to get approved first.
You can get started by heading to this Handmade sellers page and tapping Apply Now.
The form will then help Amazon determine your eligibility by asking about your organization, your production process, and what Handmade category your products would fall under. Make sure to provide a few high-quality pictures to show off your best work! This can include images of your production process, so its clear that youre truly the master crafter behind your art.
You should hear back with an approval if you qualify within two weeks, though many sellers receive answers within a day or two.
Sell Products Under Amazons Private Brands
The program is an incentive for manufacturers to create their own brands with innovative products. Youll sell those products exclusively on Amazon as a private brand supplier.
Amazon guides you through the entire onboarding process, providing you with useful tools to create your brand. Youll also benefit from a suite of marketing support.
If youre unsure about what types of products will perform well, Amazon can facilitate product testing and customer feedback.
For those of you with direct access to manufacturing, becoming an Amazon Accelerator brand can be a great way to make some cash with substantial margins through this marketplace.
Recommended Reading: Can Affirm Be Used On Amazon
Write Short Descriptive Product Titles
Keep titles of your products short and sweet. According to Amazons instructions, you dont need to list attributes, customizations, or options in titles. Instead, use those keywords in your descriptions to generate better search results.
Heres how Amazon puts it, When listing a product, keywords will help your products appear in search, so you dont need to add them to your product title. Here is a great guide with various tips to optimize your product content to boost sales.
Create A New Product Listing For Each Product You Sell
To make things easier for you, if youre selling something already on Amazon, you can search for the product. This way, you can use the product information already there to make filling out the detail page go a bit faster.
Once you search for a product, Amazon will show you all the current listings they have. You can choose to sell one of those or create your own.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Money Using Amazon
Can I Sell Homemade Products On Amazon
Yes. Youll set up a professional seller account. Youll also go through an application process to prove that your products are made entirely by hand, hand altered or hand assembled.
You must have 20 or fewer employees, or be part of a collective .
You cant sell handmade things that are made by someone else , or things that are not made by one of your employees.
Where To Sell Handmade Online 2022
This post may contain affiliate links, which means Ill receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
If you sell handmade crafts, youre likely aware of Etsy. But a lot of people are wondering if its worth it to sell on Etsy anymore and where they can sell their handmade products online, aside from Etsy.
Perhaps because Etsy changed their algorithm so traffic and sales arent what they used to be, or maybe they feel their category is too saturated. Whatever the reason, this article shares several suggestions for additional ways to sell handmade online.
Before you start selling on any platform, ensure youre legally allowed to sell your products. Check out:
- LAWS FOR SELLING HANDMADE for a quick and easy overview
You May Like: How To Connect Alexa Amazon To Wifi
What Is Amazon Handmade
is an artisan-only community on Amazon where artists and crafters can sell their unique, one-of-a-kind products to customers around the world.
Amazon Handmade accounts are distinct from regular Amazon seller accounts and the business model is different from .
Everything sold on Handmade must be handmade, hand-altered, or hand-assembled no mass-produced products are allowed to be sold on the marketplace.
Some examples of products that are offered on Amazon Handmade include:
- Handmade cutting boards
Amazon Handmade Product Eligibility
All products listed for sale in the Amazon Handmade store must comply with the following eligibility requirements:
- Products must be designed and produced by you, your small group of family members/employees .
- Production methods using hand tools and light machinery are allowed if used by individuals in their home, studio, or workspace. However, mass production using assembly lines or automation technology is not allowed.
- Hand altered, pre-made items are acceptable. For example, application of your own designs to drinkware, tea towels.
- Upcycling, or taking a used item and improving its value through refinement or upgrade is allowed. For example, painting or refinishing a table.
- Repurposing, or taking an item and using it or its component parts or pieces for something entirely new or different, is allowed. For example, creating bowl out of an old vinyl record or pillow covers from vintage rugs.
The following options are prohibited in Amazon Handmade:
- Outsourcing of product production
- Reselling products by third parties
- Digital and downloadable products, food or other ingestible products, and electronics
- Live plants, other than air plants which may be included with hand-crafted planters or containers
- Raw materials and crafting supplies, unless included as part of a Do it Yourself kit or crafting supplies that have been made by you or hand-altered by you .
Recommended Reading: Why Do You Want To Work For Amazon