Transfer Your Gift Card Balance To Your Amazon Account On Amazoncom
1. Open your web browser and go to .
2. Sign in and go to the “Your Account” page by clicking on “Accounts & Lists” to the right of the search bar.
3. On the “Your Account” page select “Gift cards.”
4. You’re now on your gift card balance page, where you can see your current balance and your previous transaction activity. Now click “Redeem a Gift Card.” Note: you can also select “Reload Your Balance” if you want to add funds from a bank account or credit card instead of a gift card.
5. Enter the claim code on the back of the gift card and Amazon will inform you how much money you’ve got left on the card. Click “Apply to your balance” to transfer the money to your Amazon account.
6. Your account gift card balance will be now be updated to include the transferred funds. The money will be available to use the next time you purchase an item from Amazon.
Send Amazon Gift Card Via Mail
There are myriads of designs to choose from when it comes to sending a gift card via mail. So, if you dont like sending a gift card through email or printing gift cards at home then sending a physical gift card is the most suitable choice for you. Do you want to know why people like sending physical gift cards? Heres the answer:
- Gift card type: Plastic or paper gift card
- Highlight: A variety of packaging
- Delivery method: Mail
- Speed of delivery: One-day shipping
- Custom message: No
- Gift amount: $1 to $2,000
Follow these below explained steps and learn how to send an Amazon gift card to someone else via Mail:
- First of all, go to the Gift Cards page on Amazon and then click on the Mail option.
- Next, choose Amazon.com Gift Card from over 260 designs and select one that you like.
- On the chosen gift card page, select the Gift Card Amount you wish to send.
- Now click on the Add to cart > Proceed to checkout button in order to place your order.
Once the order is placed, youll be able to track the location of the gift card from your account. When it comes to delivering gift cards, Amazon provides free one-day shipping , which means your recipient will receive your gift card via mail within a day.
Usually, these kinds of gift cards come inside a specialty gift box. And the best thing is a physical gift card from Amazon has no fees and no expiration date. This is a very ideal way for those people who wish to send a greeting card with their gift card.
How To Redeem An Amazon Gift Card
Once you receive an Amazon gift card from someone, you need to redeem it before you can use it to buy anything from Amazon. Follow these steps and learn how to redeem Amazon gift card:
- At first, locate the claim code on the Amazon Gift Card you purchased or received.
For the example:Our Amazon Gift Card claim code is CNHF-RJUUBS-BUOL.
- Now to redeem Amazon gift card, .
- Once you logged in, hover on the Accounts and Lists menu and then select Your Account option.
- Among the various options on Your Account, click on the Gift cards option.
- Now from the Gift Card Balance page, click on the Redeem a Gift Card button.
- Finally, enter your Amazon Gift Card claim code and then click on the Apply to Your Balance button.
Once you applied it to your Amazon account, the entire gift card amount will be added to your gift card balance.
We would like to remind you again here, the Amazon gift card balance does not expire and cant be transferred to any other accounts. Also, you cant use it to buy other gift cards or redeemed it for cash.
If you received an Amazon eGift card on your email, you can simply click on the link or button available with that email and add the gift card amount to your gift card balance. If you arent logged in, you may have to log in to your Amazon account.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Hbo On Amazon Prime
Why Send An Egift Card Vs A Traditional Card
Why would you choose to send an eGift card in the first place, especially if its so easy to find traditional cards? There are a lot of reasons why an eGift card is often more practical. Not only does it pair perfectly with a virtual thank you note or another card, but its also easier for most recipients to use. It has a lot of benefits vs. a traditional, physical card.
- Distance: If youre not local to the shop, restaurant, etc., a virtual gift card allows you to gift exactly what you had in mind without needing to travel or pick up the phone. For example, you could give your parents a night out at their favorite restaurant, even if you live across the country.
- Secure: A digital gift card is also more secure. Since gift cards are typically treated like cash, if theyre lost, thats it. A digital gift card is much easier to keep secure.
- Eco-friendly: Additionally, virtual gift cards are more sustainable. Because they dont need to be printed on plastic, they save resources.
- Customizable: eGift cards are also highly customizable. You can choose a specific design or even add your own text, unlike with physical cards.
- Instant: Last but not least, its easy to instantly send your online gift card without needing to deliver anything in person or wait for the mail.
Ultimately, with so much flexibility with online gift cards nowadays, its no wonder these are the first choice for many people.
Heres the step-by-step guide to getting started.
» CAKE FOR ENTERPRISE:
Different Types Of Amazon Gift Cards
There are three types of Amazon gift cards to choose from:-
The eGift card option is disbursed by email. You can choose a pre-set amount or enter another amount you have in mind.
You can send this type of card at once or schedule a future delivery date.
You can also send it to many recipients at the same time in case you want to order for your team.
Alternatively, you can purchase gift cards in bulk for corporate purposes through the Amazon Incentives program HERE.
This kind of gift card is delivered within 5 minutes if theres no issue with your payment cards. Order Amazon eGift cards HERE.
You May Like: Can You Use Food Stamps On Amazon
How Do I Send An Amazon Gift Card Through Facebook
Head over to Amazons gift card creator where a new Facebook tab is available, in addition to the traditional options of snail mail, print and e-mail. From there, connect to your Facebook account and youll be able to select the gift card recipient from your friends list, the amount and delivery date.
Egift Cards: Frequently Asked Questions
Because you dont buy eGift cards in-person, you might have some questions about how this works. Not all eGift cards are the same, and a lot of these answers depend on the specific retailer or service provider. In general, these frequently asked questions should help with any misunderstandings.
How do eGift cards work?
Basically, eGift cards work very similarly to regular gift cards. They can be redeemed online or in-person. Sometimes theyre able to be stored on ones phone, on an app, or can even be printed for a physical copy.
When your recipient is ready to use their gift card, all they need to do is present the code or log in online. Its that simple!
How long do eGift cards take to send?
Because theyre digital, eGift cards are much faster than physical gift cards. Theres no need to buy postage, print anything, or wait. If you dont select a specific date/time to send the card, it will be sent immediately. Most recipients have their digital gift within a few minutes or hours at most. Its very fast!
How long do eGift cards last?
Most eGift cards dont have an expiration date. They can be used at any time, and they dont go bad or have any limitations. However, always check with the specific retailer or service provider to make sure there are no restrictions on the card.
Do eGift cards cost more money?
You May Like: Cost Of Britbox
What Is Amazon Gift Card And How Does It Work
Amazon Gift Cards are vouchers of certain value which can be redeemed against eligible purchases made on the Amazon platform. When we buy a product or service from Amazon, we owe them a certain amount. This amount can be paid using a credit or debit card as well as cash or by using an Amazon gift card that has been received or purchased by a user.
In simple words, an Amazon gift card contains a claim code that a person can add to their Amazon account. And after redeeming the gift cards, they will have a certain amount of money they can spend on purchasing anything from Amazon.
Dont you think that sending an Amazon gift card is one of the best and most creative ways to share a gift with someone? Certainly, Amazon Gift Voucher and Amazon gift cards are one of the most convenient alternatives to the real gift you give to people.
We all know how difficult it is to pick out the perfect gift for someone Amazon gift cards make it easier. Instead of a physical gift, you can give a gift card to someone, and they can buy whatever they want from the amazon inventory using the gift card. If you gave them a gift card worth $100 and they wish to purchase something thats $150, they can pay the difference using any supported mode of payment to purchase the product.
The Recipient Claims The Virtual Visa Egift
The recipient then activates the Visa egift card and registers it. This is an important step because it adds a name and address to the gift card.
When ordering online, many online shopping cards will check to see if the card being used in the transaction is registered to the person placing the order. If there is no match, the transaction may decline. By registering the card, you can avoid mismatch errors when placing an online order.
Also Check: Can I Read Amazon Books On My Phone
Can You Send An Amazon Gift Card Through Messenger
You can now send Amazon gift cards via text message or messaging apps like WhatsApp or Snapchat. Amazon today announced that customers can now send electronic Amazon gift cards to recipients via text message or messaging apps. Amazon also announced that customers can now purchase Visa Gift Cards on Amazon.com.
Follow Up With The Recipient
Last but not least, be sure to follow up with the recipient on the day theyre supposed to receive their virtual gift. If its a holiday or special day, they might not be checking their messages as frequently. Let them know to be on the lookout for your eGift so they dont miss it.
From there, stay in touch with them in case they have any trouble with it. Most likely, theyll put it to use right away, and thats all you need to do!
Don’t Miss: What Discount Do Amazon Prime Members Get At Whole Foods
Can You Buy Amazon Gift Cards In Stores
Amazon gift cards are available in different denominations from different retailers and convenience stores.
However, this applies only in the US. For other countries, you can buy them online. Amazon gift cards have no purchase fees.
You can see a list of all the stores in the US selling Amazon gift cards HERE.
Transfer Your Gift Card Balance To Your Amazon Account Using The Amazon App
1. Open the Amazon app.
2. Click the menu icon .
3. Scroll down and click “Gift Cards & Registry.”
4. At the top of the page, you’ll see your current gift card balance. Click on the down arrow to open a sub menu and select “Redeem an Amazon Gift Card.”
5. Enter your claim code to find out how much money you’ve got on your gift card, or use your phone camera to scan the claim code on the back of the gift card.
6. Click “Apply to your balance.”
7. The money will be available the next time you purchase something from Amazon and will automatically be taken off the purchase amount.
Recommended Reading: How To Send To Amazon Locker
Add The Recipients Name
The recipients name will be stored in our database along with the egift card number. It is preferable to use the recipients legal first and last name rather than a nickname. As a security measure, some online shopping carts will decline an egift card if the name on the account does not match the users name on the website.
The Recipient Gets An Email
First, the recipient gets an email that should look similar to the one shown below. You can see that it does not show the personalized image or custom message at this point. The email simply notifies the recipient that they received a Virtual Visa Account and need to claim the card.
If you do not hear from the recipient after the Visa egift card has been sent, you might want to check in. The recipient may need to look in a SPAM folder or Junk folder.
Read Also: The Good Fight On Amazon Prime
Can You Cancel Amazon Gift Cards Order
If you went for the eGift cards, it will not be possible to cancel as it is sent out within minutes of purchase.
However, if the gift card is scheduled for a date in the future, you can log in and change the date on the order.
Other types of gift cards can be canceled as long as they havent been shipped out.
Looking For Gift Card Ideas
Clothing Who doesn’t need clothes? Whatever theyre into, get them something that always fits and keeps them in style from top fashion retailers.
Gifts for HimWhether he’s a gamer, handyman or outdoorsman, pick from his favourite brands and get him something he will truly love.
RestaurantsTreat someone to an inspired dining experience. Browse our diverse range of dining and restaurant gift card options.
Gifts for HerFind the perfect gifts for her – from great reads, hot tech to jewellery and cosmetics, surprise her with something special.
MoviesWhat better way to spend an evening than heading to the movies? Give a movie gift card tonight and let them enjoy the show!
Gifts for TeensGet a gift that will help teens stay on trend with the latest tech, accessories and fashion from their favourite brands.
TravelTreat yourself or your favourite travellers with a gift card for the perfect hotel in over 200 countries.
Gifts for KidsGet them a gift card that gives them everything they want including their favourite books, movies, music and video games!
You May Like: How Do You Use Amazon Locker
Is There A Limit On Amazon Gift Cards
At Amazon Gift Cards Store, you will find Amazon Gift Cards in a range of values, starting from $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, $150, $200, to $500 and even more, without any time limit as Amazon claims, its Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
How much money can you put on an Amazon gift card? If you are curious to know about it then let us tell you that the Amazon gift card maximum amount limit is $2000. In simple words, you can add any value up to the amount of $2000, but not more than that.
How To Call Amazon Customer Service
‘s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331, and that number is live 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
But calling Amazon often comes with a wait, and it also requires you to have on hand a mobile phone that is paired with your Amazon account, as the customer service representative will send you a verification code via text message before you can start asking your questions or sharing an issue.
If calling seems like a hassle, however even with the potential ease of voice-commanding a call on an there are other ways to contact the company.
You May Like: How To Send To Amazon Locker
Best Features Of Amazon Gift Cards
Amazon offers a variety of customization options for their gift cards as well as other great features:-
- You can add a custom message to your .
- You can choose from hundreds of designs available on .
- You can customize the day you want the card delivered to the recipient.
- never expire and have no fees attached.
The gift cards are redeemable towards over a million items available on Amazon as well as some affiliated websites.
You can use Amazon gift cards to set aside funds to pay for shopping later on for gifts or other items.
Its a different kind of way to save up for gifts during the year. You can learn more about Amazon Allowance HERE.
How To Redeem An Amazon Gift Card On Amazon’s Website And Mobile App
- To redeem an gift card, you can transfer your gift card balance onto your Amazon account so it’s ready the next time you want to purchase an item from Amazon.
- You can also use your gift card as a payment option at checkout when purchasing an item on
- You’ll need the claim code, which can be found on the back of the physical gift card under a protective seal .
Today you can buy just about anything on from a bed frame to a wedding band, so an Amazon gift card makes a great gift for anyone especially for those friends who are serial gift returners.
If you’ve been recently gifted an gift card , there are two easy ways you can redeem it. You can transfer your balance to your Amazon account and save it for a future purchase, a great idea if you don’t want to run the risk of losing the physical card, or wait until you’ve found what you want to buy and enter your gift card information as a payment method.
This guide will cover both ways of redeeming your gift card at website and on the Amazon app. Whichever method you use, you’ll need the claim code. This can be found on the back of the gift card under a protective coating or label. If you’ve got a digital gift card, and not a physical one, you’ll find your claim code in the email you received. Happy shopping!
Recommended Reading: Amazon Locker Information