What Are The Benefits Of Amazon Fba
- Access to Prime Customers: You have access to sell to Amazon Prime Customers when you enroll for FBA
- Effortless Shipping: Amazon does all the work for you. Keep track of your listings, ensure proper stock, and let the fulfillment be taken care of from start to finish.
- FBM sells will spend less on shipping costs through the FBA platform. Amazon utilizes other shipping carriers as well as its network.
- Fast Delivery: FBA products get the Prime badge and thus eligible for Prime free shipping
- Return Management: FBA handles returns and refunds as part of the fulfillment process. But this could also create other issues down the road.
- More Warehouse Space: Amazon FBA sellers have access to unlimited storage space. Amazon has warehouses all over the world and more planned.
- Customer Service Management: Amazon offers customer service 24/7 for FBA sellers and a platform to take care of your own customer service needs.
- Buy Box: This is the white box in the right of the product page. It prompts buyers to add the item to their shopping cart. With FBA, you get a higher chance to win the Buy Box.
Can I Still Ship Prime
One of the biggest benefits of selling Amazon FBA is that your products, more often than not, are automatically available for Prime benefits. That means that Amazon shoppers who are Prime members can order and receive products fulfilled by Amazon within 2-3 days.
This benefit does not apply to FBM sellers unless they are qualified for Seller Fulfilled Prime.
Seller Fulfilled Prime is a program that allows FBM sellers to sell products with the Prime badge from their own warehouse/fulfillment center. Sellers who sell Prime reach more customers, have a better chance of , and offer guaranteed delivery date messaging to their customers.
To join Seller Fulfilled Prime, a seller must apply for the position. However, Amazon is not accepting any further applications for Seller Fulfilled Prime currently, so FBM sellers interested in the program will have to add their names to a waiting list.
Amazon Fba Vs Fbm: Paperwork
Minimal paperwork is another significant reason why many sellers prefer FBA over FBM. As we said, once you have signed an agreement with Amazon, there are fewer things to worry about. You have to make sure the products are available at Amazon warehouses.
Amazon will take care of everything else. So, the seller does not have to deal with paperwork every time a product is shipped. Because Amazon has optimized these aspects way earlier, there is no loss of productivity, either.
On the other hand, FBM will make you involved in more paperwork. As we said, you will have to choose the shipping partner based on the product. There are options to automate the process, but you will have to deal with data reports and invoices for individual products/transactions.
Therefore, fulfillment by merchants may involve more paperwork than usual. More importantly, it would be best if you had more human power to go through and streamline all this data.
Read Also: Why Is Amazon Shipping So Slow Lately 2021
Create An Amazon Seller Account
After deciding what youll sell and how you plan to get your products to your customers, youll need to get your business set up its easier than you might think.
Creating your business
You will need to have a named business at this point. The name of your business can be anything you like, but we recommend you keep it relatively generic in case you want to pivot your focus in the future .
However, you dont need to file your business as a corporation or LLC when youre starting out. You can sell on Amazon as a sole proprietorship, meaning that you use your personal tax ID. Although, depending on the state or country that you live in, you may still need to file a Do-Business-As form for the name of your business.
Once you have your business information, you can create an account in .
What Should A Seller Evaluate For Amazon Fba Vs Amazon Fbm
Can we ship at a low cost? Can increased shipping volume discounts translate into more profit?
How much per unit will it cost to ship units to Amazon? How popular is the item?
Will there be any additional monthly or long-term storage fees?
Can the increased price still compete with FBA to offset additional fees?
Understanding Amazons fulfillment fees can get tricky. Amazon will charge the greater of the dimensional weight or actual weight, so it is essential to know what size tier each product falls into before sending units to FBA. Amazon is constantly changing the pricing structure, and sellers must stay up to date with these announcements.
Read Also: How To Clear Storage On Amazon Fire Tablet
Fulfillment By Merchant Vs Seller
Both FBM and SFP are fulfilled by the seller, both of them are similar yet different in their own ways.
1. Using Seller Fulfilled Prime, you can get access to new prime customers and your products will have a prime label. Since prime customers shop twice as much as regular customers, you are definitely hitting the bulls eye here.
2. If you choose FBM, you will not have to comply with the strict regulations set up by Amazon. Meanwhile, since you will have a prime label for SFP, the customers expect prime treatment and you must abide by the strict instructions given by Amazon for your products.
3. Using Seller Fulfilled Prime, you have total control of the inventory. You can also respond to customer reviews and improve your product accordingly. Despite this, you will still have the Prime label for your products.
Cons For Amazon Fbm Sellers
- FBM may not offer you all the SEO-based perks you can enjoy with FBA. For example, Amazon tends to promote products with Prime shipping over those with no Prime. However, you can compensate for this via third-party SEO. Nor can you access FBA benefits.
- Shipping mistakes are common when you handle shipping and packaging on your own. You might need time to optimize the shipping flow for maximum speed and efficiency. You can avoid this with FBA. There could be other unexpected costs.
Read Also: What Is Amazon Prime Day 2021
What Are The Advantages Of Using Fbm
Amazon Fbm What Is It And Who Has It Been Designed For
FBM is a sales model designed for the sellers who want to warehouse their products and send orders to their customers directly. When choosing this model, you need to make sure that all the key delivery aspects, such as boxes, tapes, bubble wraps, scales and other accessories, are taken care of. If you are a beginner seller, Amazon will help you to some extent for instance, it offers to print US Postal and UPS labels directly from the sellers navigation panel. Keep in mind, though, that this model prioritises the packaging process and timely delivery of your products.
Also Check: How To Get Amazon Monthly Payments
What Is Amazon Fulfilled By Merchant
Amazon Fulfilled by Merchant is a fulfillment method in which an Amazon seller is responsible for fulfilling their products purchased on Amazon. FBM can be managed through a seller directly or by partnering with a third-party logistics service provider.
Instead of your products having Prime status and you using either Amazon to handle fulfillment or the Seller Fulfilled Prime program, the merchant is responsible for inventory storage and placement, order fulfillment, returns, and customer service.
Beyond Fba Vs Fbm: Seller Fulfilled Prime
For sellers who want to run their own shipping and customer service, but are envious of the benefits provided to FBA sellers, there is another option.
While these sales-boosting benefits are enticing, they come with stringent rules. Seller Fulfilled Prime is only accessible to sellers with near-perfect performance rates. 99% of orders must be shipped on time and less than 0.5% cancelled. Sellers must also fulfill Amazon Primes two-day delivery promise, which increases shipping costs.
Merchants using Seller Fulfilled Prime must also relinquish some control to Amazon by:
- Agreeing to its returns policy
- Handing over customer service to Amazon
- Using Amazon Buy Shipping Services
Despite the red tape, many sellers have taken up this fulfillment option and there is currently a waiting list for new sign-ups.
Recommended Reading: Is Amazon Seller Worth It
How To Get Started With Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime
To begin the process for application into Amazons Seller Fulfilled Prime program, sellers must first register and complete their trial period. Thats right. Amazon puts you on a trial period to ensure you can meet their expectations for on time delivery, cancellation rates, and much more.
Sellers are required to prove they can meet these requirements to move beyond the trial period and have their prime badge approved on their Amazon listing.
Although as of today, there is currently a waitlist for the SFP program, well share a few steps it takes to begin the enrollment process so youre ready once it opens back up.
What Is Fulfilled By Merchant
Fulfilled by Merchant noun:Fulfilled By Merchant is when a seller lists a product on Amazon and handles the warehousing and shipping aspect of things. Sellers use their own resources and send the item directly to the buyers instead of paying a service fee to Amazon. In FBM, the seller assumes complete responsibility for warehousing, shipping, and customer service.
Magnet Find the most relevant, high-volume keywords so you can maximize organic traffic and skyrocket your sales.
- Get 2 Uses Per Day For Free
- Starting at $99/Month
Scribbles Lets sellers add the best keywords to their Amazon Seller Central frontend and backend to make sure their listings are totally optimized.
- 30-Day Free Trial
- Included in the Platinum Plan
You May Like: How Much Is Amazon Prime Music
What Is Seller Fulfilled Prime
Seller Fulfilled Prime lets you sell products with the Prime badge while fulfilling orders from your own warehouse or from a third-party logistics provider .
SFP is a blend of being merchant fulfilled while still being competitive and profitable through Prime eligibility. The only catch is that SFP has some pretty stringent requirements that have put off a lot of sellers who originally joined the program.
Just like FBM, Seller Fulfilled Prime is best when you own a warehouse and have a solid logistics process set up, when you are selling high-value or seasonal products, slow-moving goods and those that require special handling or preparation.
Amazon opens and closes registration for Seller Fulfilled Prime somewhat unpredictably . But if youre willing to join their active waitlist, there are pretty strict metrics , such as shipping over 99% of your order on time and having an order cancellation rate of 0.5%. Failing to live up to these requirements could result in suspension from the program.
Under SFP, you must be able to offer nationwide coverage and Saturday deliveries. There is also a trial period that could last anywhere from 5 to 90 days where Amazon will require you to fulfill a minimum of 200 Prime orders with an on-time rate of 99%, Buy Shipping Services for at least 95% of Prime orders, and a cancellation rate of no more than 1%. Your products wont have the Prime badge during the trial period.
Maintain Full Control Of Your Fbm Amazon Business
Worry no more about Amazon policy changes, their restrictions, and their negative impact on your business.
With Fulfillment Bridge, you lay hold of inventory stock level, your sales performance, and more.
You May Like: How Old Does Amazon Hire
When Is It More Beneficial To Choose The Amazon Fbm Model
- When you desire more control over your orders
- If you plan to create an independent brand
- Want to experience fewer losses caused by changes in Amazon rules
- Want to avoid excessive business formalities
- When you dont want heavy involvement in order dispatch operations
- Want to comply with fewer rules
- Want more effective control over your stock levels
- Want to avoid unexpected expenses.
Is Fba Better Than Fbm
FBM is the better option for your company if:
- You sell heavy, bulky, or oversized products
- Your products sell slowly and inventory turnover is low
- You already have logistics in place and can fulfill your own products
- You have existing customer service practices and want to control your customer experience end-to-end
- You want higher margins
- You dont want to be at the mercy of Amazons fees
- You sell products that arent in the approved categories for FBA
FBA is better for your company if:
- You sell small and lightweight products
- Your products sell quickly and have a high volume of inventory turnover
- You do not have logistics in place and expenses would be higher than fulfilling on your own
- Your products are large margin products that can offset Amazons additional fees
- You do not have a customer service department
- You are okay relinquishing control of your customers experience to Amazon
You May Like: How To See My Amazon Reviews
How To Make Product Listings On Amazon Fbm
Listing products in Amazon FBM is the same as making any other items/product offer. See the images below for how it works
After the item/product shows in Amazons catalog, then you will find your actual Merchant Fulfilled items/products under the Inventory > Manage Inventory.
Now, make sure the things that, you check Active for Status as well as Merchant for Fulfilled by.
Fba Vs Fbm: Which Should You Use For Amazon Fulfillment
FBA vs FBM: its a question that most Amazon sellers have to think long and hard over. There are significant advantages to using the Fulfilled by Amazon service, but fulfilling Amazon orders yourself has its upsides too.
In the wake of Amazons decision to suspend the restocking of its warehouses as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, many sellers were forced to use the FBM fulfillment method. But this way of selling on Amazon could actually be more profitable for your business once youve become accustomed to it.
Whether youre reconsidering your fulfillment method in the current international climate, if youre new to Amazon, or if youre a seasoned seller wondering if you should change your set up, here is a guide to help you answer the question of FBA vs FBM.
You May Like: What Does Sponsored Mean On Amazon
Reasons To Choose Amazon Fulfillment By Merchant
After weighing the pros and cons plus taking a look at fee structures, there are a few additional considerations that can help sellers determine if FBM is right for them. This list is general and itâs always a smart idea to ask fulfillment providers questions specific to your company and get concrete pricing before moving forward.
Products are different, which means you want someone who knows how to handle and package your goods safely, whether thatâs a bowling ball or a tea set. With that in mind, here are some general instances when choosing FBM can make the most sense:
1. Amazon is just another sales channel for you. Suppose youâre already selling and fulfilling goods outside of Amazon, and you treat it like just another channel. In that case, FBM can allow you to leverage existing structures and partners to generate more orders without significant cost increases. Use the tools and expertise you have and keep on growing.
2. Excellent customer service is part of your existing brand. If youâve built a following on high-quality service, using FBM allows you to maintain those relationships. Youâre the people someone talks to when things go right or wrong. Adopting FBA, for example, pushes people for resolution with Amazon reps, which can harm your reputation as well as prevent you from engaging with and learning more about your customers.
Choosing A Partner For Your Fbm Strategy
Even if you use FBM for some or all of your Amazon selling, you can still seek outside help. A partner like MyFBAPrep specializes in handling fulfillment on behalf of Amazon sellers to ensure products are picked, properly packed, and shipped quickly to customers for a seamless and efficient experience. Better still, a great partner will help mitigate the challenges outlined above.
Look for a partner who understands Amazons requirements and who will help you stay on top of policy changes as they arise so you remain in compliance. Depending on your business, you may need a nationwide or even global network to support your sales processes. A good 3PL partner will also advise you when to make changes to your business, such as switching a product to FBA.
Also Check: Can You Get Local Channels On Amazon Fire Stick